Rogue Meets Alice

┌─────── *.✧ ⋆ ◬ ⋆ ✧.* ───────┐
Love, won't you meet me in the stars?
└─────── *.✧ ⋆ ◬ ⋆ ✧.* ───────┘

【Anna Marie's POV】
         It was odd to watch the other students in this school use their abilities without a single worry. I didn't quite understand why I'm the only one who was so different. I can't even touch anyone without my powers absorbing something from them.

It bothered me so badly because I felt so out of place even with my own kind. Bobby came over and sat next to me, he told me, "you know, I've been hearing rumours about you and the enigmatic Alice. Everyone's saying you're going to be taught by her to control your power soon. Nobody's ever seen her aside from some others like Jean Grey, Scott, Ororo, and Professor Xavier."

I nodded absentmindedly, "what's so special about her? Does anyone know?" Bobby smiled, "well, this is just based off of rumours, but she's the only human in the school that understands us at an astronomical level."

That kinda got me interested. A human amongst purely mutants? I could never imagine that, I heard all sorts of stories about how humans are very scared and prejudice towards us. But she was a very interesting woman if she truly has the trust of being at the school.

A few hours later, I went looking for Jean Grey and found her with Scott sitting on a stone wall. He looked up at me with his ruby quartz sunglasses and asked, "oh, Anna, do you need something?"

I kicked my feet a little and asked, "you two know about this Alice, right? Can you tell me about her?" Jean Grey got up from the wall and explained, "well, we can only tell you what she wants us to tell anyone about, but despite all the rumours, she is actually a mutant it's just she has her reasons for not wanting to use hers, right Scott?"

Scott nodded in agreement and stepped forward to me, "she is only capable of helping other mutants because she has a long history of seeing other mutants and how they were able to handle their abilities, that's why she is taking over helping you."

I nodded, it seemed that this Alice was much more powerful than it seems. She was actually a mutant who doesn't use her powers? As I thanked them and walked off through the halls, I couldn't help but think about what her powers were and why she doesn't use them.

I walked into the library absentmindedly and went looking through the bookshelves for some book, dunno what book to be honest. I eventually pulled out a random book and went off to find myself a seat so I could read this book.

What is her powers and if she has a powerful one, why exactly does she feel the need to not use them? Of course what am I saying? If they were powerful ones, she wouldn't use them because they were too dangerous for the world to see.

Wait that's it! She has a powerful ability that makes her afraid to use them because she doesn't want to hurt the world or terrify humanity! I opened the book to see that it had a handwritten first page, it read that despite the book being a story well known, there a few things people actually knew about it and this is the actual account of the story with all the names and story written exactly how they should be.

I realised that the book I grabbed was a reiteration of the King Arthur legend. I shrugged figuring that it might've have some kind of hidden mutants in it and went on to read it. But then I realised that the person signed the little note.

It said "Alice Pendragon" which I immediately knew for some reason that it had to be the same Alice I was curious about. Such an odd surname.

I was about to read it when a woman snatched it from my grasp and groaned, "damn it Ororo. I'm sorry ma'am, this book wasn't meant to be in the library." She turned on her heel, her long flowing red hair whipped behind her back as she turned, I went to grab her and I remembered that I shouldn't touch someone, but my hand already touched her.

Suddenly I felt a sudden sensation of power, like a kaleidoscope of powers that seemed to still be coming. Suddenly she turned to me and her eyes were a beautiful starry night sky colour. She gave me a sweet smile before she brushed her hand on my cheek and suddenly the powers faded from me.

Her smile faded away as her eyes turned a forest green, but yet her eyes carried wisdom beyond years that I could imagine. She asked, "are you Anna Marie?"

I nodded nervously, "yeah...I'm her." She smiled warmly and told me, "I've been looking for you, come with me, I wish to help you with your mutant ability."

She turned around and began walking off, it hit me that she wanted me to follow her after I registered what she said and followed after her. This has to be Alice Pendragon. I had thought for a moment about asking what that was or what her powers are, but I decided against it because she didn't seem aware of the incident or how she acted so oddly.

┏━━━━❃ ❀ ❃━━━━┓
Of course, my Queen.
┗━━━━❃ ❀ ❃━━━━┛

903 words