On Fire

Peacekeepers escorted them separately into the building

Peacekeepers escorted them separately into the building. Ivy went to the girl's side where others were already in the middle of grooming or getting done. They laid her down on the metal table and looked her over to see how she looked before they started the grooming.

They started with washing her down then plucked at her eyebrows before waxing her whole body of any hair. She winced and groaned at the pain but the people kept going. The lady had her sit up and brushed her hair till there were no tangles.

"Okay miss. We'll take you to your room to meet your stylist Cinna. He's new but I've heard he's got great designs."

••

"Hello, my name is Cinna." He introduced himself and shook her hand.

"Ivy. Ivy Aurora." She greeted back.

"Well Ivy I'm sorry this happened to you but I'm here to help you in any way I can."

"Well, that's a first. Everyone else just congratulates us."

"Well, I don't see a point in that." He shook his head. "So tonight we have the tribute parade where I can show you off to the world."

"You're gonna make me look pretty?"

"You already are. I'm just here to help you make an impression. Usually, they dress people in the clothes for their district. Yours is coal miners but I wanna put a spin on it. I want to do something they're gonna remember." He paused. "Did they explain the sponsors?"

"Yeah, but I'm not- or haven't been good at making friends as of late."

"We'll see about that." He moved her hair around to help his vision. "I've got a great idea I think the people will love."

••

Cinna had spun her hair into loops of a bun and dusted golden sparkles through her hair. He stepped back to admire his work and smiled. She wore a strapless black dress that flared out in sparkly lace, it almost perfectly matched Peetas all black suit with black sparkles except he had his hair slicked down.

"It's safe I promise. It's not real fire. These suits are built so you won't feel a thing."

"Looks pretty really to me," Peeta said looking at the demonstration Cinna was showing them.

"That's the idea. You ready?" Cinna asked looking between the two victors. "Don't be afraid you two."

Ivy looked back at Peeta and gave him a reassuring smile. "We're not." She breathed out. "We're ready."

Peeta helped Ivy up to the chariot and soon enough the horse started.

People cheered and shouted as the sparks flew off Ivy and Peeta's outfits. Ivy was shocked to see so many and even more so that it was for them. The outlying district.