7.Darkness and Solitude

7

Camila

Why didn't they say anything when I punched Mark? Why didn't they say anything when I threw a fork at him?

Something is not right.

My mind was overflowing with incoherent thoughts from my past time as I sat in the emptiness with my knees pulled to my chest. My back was aching against the chilly wall. My head pounding inside my skull. The cold marble floor only made it more uncomfortable and the darkness enveloping my vision didn't do anything good.

I didn't know how much hours had passed as I sat here solemnly with no source of light to soothe my pain.

Why is he doing this?

Why did he lock me away?

I couldn't open the lock no matter how hard I pushed and pulled at the wooden door. I kicked, in hopes it would break only to be met with intense pain.

No windows, no light bulbs, no furnitures, nothing but darkness and solitude.

I banged my head against the wall multiple times, brain storming how to get out. Nothing would work. No matter how hard I try.

Useless to paint something you would never complete.

I huffed, standing up and stretching my sore limps.

____

The time is still flowing around.

What day is it?

He forgot about me, didn't he?

I sat down.

My hope was completely shattered. My heart thumping loudly in the fright for my life. My erotic pulse threatened death every moment then and now. I was tired. Tired of everything. My eyes burned as I shut them close.

Tears.

Those traitorous tears.

Ma, why did you leave me?

Before I could stop myself from the reaction that was about to come the incident that lead to her death played in loop in my head. I wanted to scream as the disgusting scene played forth and back. A loud sob escaped my lips, turning into chokes as I cried hard. My knees and hands on the floor holding myself from falling. My body trembled as my silent pleas for the nightmares continued. My fingers dug in to my scalp as the pain intensified. I was wheezing for air. I couldn't breathe.

She died. She died. She died. She died.... because of me.

I killed her.

Bloodied hands. Stained clothes. Broken glasses. Scarlet floor. Her corpse.

Her corpse.

The trigger that awakened the bloodied scenes.