{Emily Osment} - you're sick and won't answer your phone

Emily couldn't stop her mind from wandering.

You had canceled your date last night, saying you were just too sick to go.

Emily offered to come over and take care of you for the day instead, but you didn't wanna take any chances on her catching what you had.

You felt miserable and didn't want her to feel as miserable as you felt, or worse.

So you stayed home in bed, under the safety and comfort of your blankets.

But Emily hasn't heard from you since late last night and she's worried.

She used the key you gave her to let herself inside.

She yelled out your name and took a look around.

The house was silent, making her anxiety grow.

She tiptoed around and saw you laying on the couch.

Tissues surrounded you and she could hear a small wheeze coming from your lungs until you coughed and stirred in your sleep.

She knelt on the floor in front of you.

She saw a few hairs sticking to your face, both from sweat and from you previously laying on them.

She gently brushed them back, tucking them behind your ears, and then laid her hand against your forehead to check for a fever.

Your skin felt clammy and hot.

You stirred again, causing Emily to quickly pull her hand back.

You opened your eyes and groaned from how sick you felt.

"Emily?"

She nodded, a sad smile tugging at her lips.

"What are you doing here? I told you not to come over because I don't want you to catch this."

Emily sighed heavily and started to move her fingers through your hair.

"Honey, you haven't texted me since last night. I was worried about you."

You felt really appreciative of that, even though you still wanted her to stay away so she wouldn't catch whatever you had.

"Thank you, but you should go."

You felt the tickle in your throat return and you started to cough hard, reaching for another tissue to blow your nose.

"Y/n, I'm not leaving you. Not when I know just how sick you are. Let me take care of you."

You huffed but agreed.

"What do you need? Some soup? Some cough drops? Some water?" You nodded. "Water, please."

She kissed your forehead then went to the kitchen, returning a moment later with a glass of cold water for you.

You took some small sips before laying back down.

Emily adjusted the blankets that were over you and made sure you had everything you needed.

"I'm gonna take a quick trip to the store to get you a few things. You sleep."

You couldn't argue even if you wanted to.

Your eyes were already closing and you had no choice but to give in.

You fell asleep pretty quickly.

Emily kissed your forehead softly, gazing down at you for a moment with a loving look in her eyes.

"Love you. Sleep tight. I'll be back in a few minutes." She promised before she quietly headed out the door to go grab you a few necessities, hoping they'd help you feel better soon.