001

• death of the chosen one  

Lily Jade Evans-Potter cared for no one but herself. She was a cold woman, her temperament matching the cold winds of the wastelands that she was born in. 

She held love for no one not even her apparent husband until she was on her birthing bed, her blood surrounding her as she held onto a precious little thing in her arms. Her daughter, a small thing with a tuft of silver hair stole her heart away.

But that moment was shattered the moment her husband laid his eyes on their daughter. His eyes screamed betrayal as he looked down upon a child who didn't resemble his wife or himself. He hurled vile insults at the woman who had just labored for hours before bringing her child into the world. He accused the little girl of being a product of infidelity, a vile little monster.

Lily who prided herself on her virtue, and her knowledge, snapped, her magic reacting violently. A trashed room, a bleeding husband, and a paternity test later, it was later confirmed that the girl was indeed his daughter. 

But, the damage was already done.

While the young redhead didn't have any love for her husband, she did trust him and considered him a good companion. But James Potter broke her trust by distrusting her and calling her child a bastard

Till her death, Lily Potter did not let James Potter hover near her little delight. The man did not deserve to breathe the same air as her daughter did. With the threat of Voldemort looming over her child's head, Lily Potter dabbled in forbidden arts, in a desperate need to make sure that her daughter lives on. She knew that she wouldn't live for long. Voldemort wouldn't stop until the whole Potter family was dead.

So, she lured the monster into her trap, she convinced James to change the secret keeper to Pettigrew, she was aware of where his loyalties lay. She knew she was playing a big gamble, but she knew that her Hestia would live if anything went wrong. The ritual progressed as planned, and as the first drop of Lily's blood hit the floor it sealed Voldemort's fate. 

Or so, it seemed.

In reality, Lily Jade Evans-Potter died in vain. Contrary to her belief, Voldemort did die that day, but his Horcruxes anchored him to the mortal realm, leaving her daughter defenseless against him. If Lily were to live, her daughter Hestia Potter might have managed to live past the age of fifteen.

But, the fates demanded something else.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Hestia Potter ran through the halls of the Department of Mystery, her blood seemed on fire, and her heart thudded loudly in her chest as she skidded to a stop before the veil of death. The whispers from the veil reached for her, they seemed to wrap around her. Vaguely, Hestia could hear whispers calling out to her. Her heart clenched at the thought of her godfather who she had lost not even moments before.

At the thought of her last family dying, the rage came back tenfold, her nostrils flared, and the metallic smell of blood evaded her nostrils as Hestia smiled grimly with her back to the door of the room as she sensed Voldemort following her. It was more like she had successfully lured Voldemort into her trap.

The teenager whirled around, her long silver-gold hair stained with Bellatrix Lestrange -her Godfather's murderer's blood whipped around her face as she faced the monster that had haunted her since the day she stepped into Hogwarts.

"Hestia Potter," The monster- Voldemort spoke in a low and malicious tone, the cold hiss of her name might have evoked fear in the girl once upon a time, but this time, the fire of vengeance burned deep in her as she glared at the monster.

"Tom Riddle," She mocked, her lilac eyes glowing with fierce determination as she stood still on her feet, not giving away her anticipation as Voldemort approached her slowly.

He ignored the jab that she had made at him, but she could very well see the way the blood-red eyes of the Dark Lord flared in hatred. "There is nowhere to run anymore, my dear," He mocked, his voice a hiss as he pointed the bone-white wand at her. "I must commend you for your victory over Bellatrix. Not everyone can stand against Lord Voldemort's lieutenant, much less kill them."

Hestia let out a sharp laugh at that, the memory of her spellwork ripping Bellatrix apart and drenching her in the pureblood witch's blood. "What? Are you shocked that I, a mere half-blood, the daughter of a mud-blood would defeat a pureblood?" She mocked. She laughed as she ducked a red curse, which she was sure is the cruciatus curse.

"Your arrogance, Tom Marvolo Riddle," She said as she sidestepped another spell. "Would be your downfall." And with the reflexes that her Quidditch Team Captain, Oliver Wood had honed into her, she whipped her wand out. "Accio Door."

It was a mad gamble. That being said, Hestia Potter was as mad as they came. Using a simple spell to summon the Dark Lord to her via an inanimate object, had 50-50 chances. Either she would succeed in this mad quest and kill Voldemort, or she would fail.

Either way, Hestia was destined to die today.

Luckily for her, the Potter luck again reared its head, and the spell worked. In all his arrogance, Voldemort lost his footwork and was summoned to Hestia along with the door. It was a comical scene if anyone else saw it. But Hestia had one thing in her mind, she vanished the door before it reached her and gripped the Dark Lord and threw themselves into the Veil, ending their lives.