019. domestic headcanons [malleus]

set during 4th year internships

• Chaos is also a form of adventure!

• Seriously though, Malleus is so sweet and always eager to help and he's so excited that he gets to live with you during his internship and explore the city you intern in with you but this man is not in any way equipped nor prepared for normal modern adult life.

• First off, you get takeout food everyday because Malleus repeatedly fries the kitchen appliances with his magic on accident and you already dodged a bullet by getting a small house from his wealth as a royal because if you got a flat with him, the neighbors would be complaining so hard about the frequent power outages caused by the confused fae prince with adjustment issues.

• Before you move in together, Malleus excitedly tells you that he has found a building that would be perfect for the two of you to share. He shows it to you and you raise an eyebrow. "Malleus, this is a 40 minute drive away from my internship place, why does it have to be this one specifically?", you raise an eyebrow and he frowns because you didn't notice. He points at the gargoyles on the roof and you bury your head in his chest. "Oh my god, Malleus, was this your only criteria?", you sigh.

• Malleus wanted to contribute to finding a place for the two of you but you can bet he's not going to check the internet. No, he hires a real estate agent and "are there any buildings with gargoyles we can rent or buy?" was indeed one of his first questions.

• Anyway the two of you have a technology room that Malleus doesn't go into and it's insulated with magic-blocking material. This is where you charge your phone and spend time at your laptop or keep any other electrical devices. Malleus takes the train to work everyday and he fucking loves public transport. You're so fed-up with screaming kids on the bus and people listening to the Twisted Wonderland equivalent of TikToks on speaker on the train but for Malleus this is like, the most fascinating thing ever.

• He also loves the mall and large grocery stores. They have so many everyday items he has never seen in Briar Valley. To celebrate moving in together, you told him to just pick whatever interests him at the grocery store, the first time the two of you went there. You spent 3 hours in that store and you had to explain to Malleus that some of the frozen food he picked is not supposed to stay frozen. He also buys 5 different kinds of ice cream.

• He makes you a pretty ice cream cup with the one Riddle gifted him for his birthday and presents it to you proudly.

• Whenever he's in deep thought, you'll find him sitting on the roof with the gargoyles, looking over the area. "You know...", you sit down next to him and he instantly pulls you close to him, partly because he missed your affection but also because he wants to keep you safe and secure, "you were right. This place has a nice view." You turn your head to him and kiss his lips gently.

• Malleus is absolutely thriving with the fact that he gets to live with you and spend his days with you without his retainers present because Silver and Sebek are still at NRC. He's so affectionate with you and makes the most of the fact that the two of you have some time to yourself without Sebek frantically looking for him.

• Malleus loves to fall asleep in your arms at night. It took a bit to figure out how to make that work with his horns and him being almost 2m tall, but Malleus Draconia is a little spoon and he doesn't care if you can only hug his upper body, he's sleeping in his beloved's arms and that's that.