Please and Lease ☆彡

" Oh, how would I even begin to tell them? " The thought had crossed my mind many times; a concern that was swallowing me whole

" Oh, how would I even begin to tell them? " The thought had crossed my mind many times; a concern that was swallowing me whole. Maybe I didn't have to.

   I shut the door behind me, and let the backpack full of my almost-successfully stolen things fall to the ground. Just beside the door, the ripped bag fell back; exposing my discoveries to the police.

   One of them, a short woman with black hair. She stared into my eyes with a look that I was so very familiar with. She spoke in a degrading tone, almost disappointed, but not surprised. "Is that all?"

    I nodded at her, worry spreading across my face as she sat on the chair just beside us. I sat down next to her, slowly to not make much noise. She stared at me for a moment, and then to the other person in the room, eyeing the other police officer. The officer gave a look to the black haired woman, and then walked out of the room.

    "They will be contacting your guardians." The words struck out, almost like a bolt of lighting. Suddenly, I felt a deep pit of pain strike my chest. She spoke again, her tone slightly lowered. "Do you understand what is happening?" She gave a stern look, as she examined my facial features. She leaned in, waiting for my answer.

"Yes. ." I trailed off. Worry was now, clearly visible all over my face. She didn't seem like she really cared. She leaned back again, and started to pick herself up. She grabbed the back of my chair, my head hung low.

    "This is the second time. . Lexi." She paused, looking down at me.

"One more time, and you'll have to suffer the consequences."

As time passed on, and as I stayed in my cellar for a few hours. I heard an audible sigh as the cellar door buzzed, signaling it was unlocked. I quickly got up and out, opening the gate, and was met by my sister; Iris's visible distress.

    She didn't have to say anything. She looked at me, her arms crossed in a stir of disbelief, disappointment and worry. She didn't know how she should feel, and I could tell. We walked in silence, the black haired woman giving me a small glance in my direction as their door was opened.

    The two talked for a bit, until my sister was given a pamphlet, full of possibly 4-5 papers. As the discussion closed, I could hear her audibly become more annoyed with each "Okay."

    Finally, the officer dismissed her, and my sister shoved the pamphlet into my hands. I glanced down at it for a few seconds until I was given my backpack. . empty.

    The walk home was awkward and silent. I hated it, but I deserved it. I wanted to apologize, and I wanted to promise her it wouldn't happen again. . but we both knew this wouldn't be the last time.

    We both knew the reason why I had to though. So she had no reason to really be this angry. . right?

Whatever.

I'll deal with it later.

   We arrived home, finally. My sister walked into the pavement of the house, leaping across the sidewalk. I glanced at her for a moment, immediately looking down after feeling a sense of guilt.

    My voice was clearly shaky when she scavenged through her purse to find her keys.

    "I.." I paused, the words caught briefly in my sore throat. She didn't hesitate to search through her purse. She didn't even look at me. "I'm sorry." The words came out in a low shaky tone, barely audible enough for her to hear,  finally, she sighed a long, exasperated sigh.

    "I can't stay mad at you."
   My lips began to tug into a small smirk. I reluctantly grinned towards the floor, I couldn't help it though. I stepped to her side. She wasn't mad at me. "I know." I chuckled, as the mood in the room switched to more of relaxed. She stopped fumbling around in her purse before pulling out a set of keys. She unlocked the door, letting me and herself in.

    She set down her purse on the counter, and then turned around, almost bumping into me on her way to the living room. She simply smiled back at me. "There's food in the microwave if you're hungry."

    I nodded, almost forgetting how long I'd  even been in that cellar. I've missed out on home lunch and dinner. "Thank you." I decided to go ahead and eat something now before my stomach hurt— and I lose my appetite.

She made her way to the living room, sluggishly dropping on the couch. I could see her in the corners of my eye trying to find something to fall asleep to. I took a few steps ahead of me, reached out and opened the microwave to see what leftovers there were.

    Breadsticks. Well, I could live with that. I shrugged, and took three out of the microwave and set them onto a plate. I began walking to my room. Opening the door, I set my bag down.

The pamphlet started to fall out of one of the ripped pockets. I glanced over at it, setting my plate down on my bed. I decided to pick it up and read it over, most of everything I saw were just fees I would have to pay.

It's not a smart idea to give thieves fees for their crime.
10,000¥.That's how much I owed?

I didn't steal that much. . Well, either way, I could easily make it up. However I don't want this fee on my ass for years until I manage enough money. I would have to steal something more valuable.

What a waste of money too.

I leaned back onto my bed, the plate in my lap to avoid crumbs all over my room. I set the paper down so it wouldn't get messed up too. I bit into the breadstick, imagining places that would be an easy cash-grab. I'll have to be careful too, since the ankle monitor was an easy give away. I quickly became frustrated, and stressed.

This sucks.