Chapter 1

Not another nightmare! Another night reliving past events, the same horror, the same losses and pain over and over again. Rian's breathes became whimpers. "N, no." The gelfling whispered and tossed onto his side, Rian laid in his bed wearing only his shorts as the night was humid.
Heavily panting, Rian felt his body tense up and his ears twitched, trying to wake himself up, the stonewood's fragile past still hunts him, lingering each day as the brothers suns rise and fall across Thra. Rian found himself and Deet had returned to his clan in Stone in the Wood not long after she was freed from the Darkening. Rian was over the moon to have Deet back, to see her smile again, her big dark eyes beaming at him once more with hope and love. Their love for each other was stronger and deeper than ever, blossoming each day like the wild flowers Rian gifts her...
"Deet." Rian whimpered her name, suddenly seeing the girl who has captured his heart becoming consumed by the darkening. Rian stared, his poor gentle Deet, her eyes, glowing purple orbs, filled with sadness and pain. Her green pale skin was covered with pinkish purple veins that glowed, the darkening spreading on her, Rian's heart broke, watching mother nature around Deet twisting and turning purple around her. Looking at her through the twisted thorns, Rian softly sighed, his ears lowered, feeling his eyes filling with tears and his body went cold, numb...
Tangled up in his blankets, Rian rolled onto his stomach, his hands formed into fists grabbing handfuls of the sheet. *GASP* "FATHER!" Screaming himself awake, Rian heavily breathed as his eyes shot open his gasps filled the room, his ears pricked up, feeling his cheeks burn. *SIGH* Rian let out a heavy sigh, rolling onto his back and stared at the ceiling... Rian raised a hand to lay by the side of his head in a pool of hair, his fingers entwined with hair. Lying there in silence, Rian had the blanket covering only his bottom half hearing nothing but his own breathes. The moon beamed through the window calming the gelfling. The moonbeam caught the gelfling's attention through his window, sitting himself up on his elbows to stare down at his top half of his naked tanned brown body.

Rian sat up with a groan, raising a knee to rest an elbow on one knee, his hand rubbed the back of his neck. The nightmare still clouded the boy's head, Rian's ear twitched a few times, tucking a few strands behind his ear. *SIGH* "I need a drink." Rian spoke to himself, throwing the blanket off his thighs to get up and stretched, hearing a click. Suddenly feeling the cold floor under his bare feet, walking over to his dresser, Rian looked at himself in the mirror seeing heavy bags under his eyes. Sighing as his head dropped, Rian saw his hair messy like a mane, he liked his hair being straight, neat and tidy. Trying to flatten his wild mane, throwing his green thick cloak around his shoulders, Rian would normally cover up to be more decent. However he was still flustered from his nightmare, ignoring his own decency by not covering up before leaving his room. Rian silently opened his door and peeked out but Rian suddenly raised a brow, tilting his head in confusion. "Why is no one on watch?" He thought to himself, there should be someone on watch each night just in case for any unwanted Skeksis or Garthim that may appear. Knowing this was unacceptable, Rian knew he had to inform his Mauldra Fara in the morning. Seeing just the flickered of flames along the stone brick walls, Rian inhaled, clenching the thick cloak as he began walking, the gelfling quietly made his way past the other rooms his friends were staying in. Gurjin and his twin sister, Naia shared a room, while the Vapran Princess Brea had her own room, perfect for her studying. Rian saw each door was shut, soon finding himself coming passed Deet's room... "Hm?" Rian stopped, tilting his head, noticing Deet's door was open just a crack. "Maybe Deet is awake, too." 

Rian thought as he slowly reached to grab the handle, only to stop himself Rian's fingers brushed the handle letting out a soft sigh, not wishing to disturb the gentle Grottan. Making his way through the hall, Rain stepped into the kitchen, filling a cup with water, the gelfling started to make his way back. Suddenly he stopped, picking up a faint sound. Rian's ears pricked up then twitched, trying to see in the dark with only the faint lights of the torches... "Rian." The Stonewood heard a soft voice behind him, Rian turned. "Deet!" Rian whispered as he froze. Tilting her head slowly, darkness as it was the Grottan girl had no trouble seeing the brave Stonewood in every detail. Rian stared blankly at her for a moment, his blue orbs glowed and his ears pinned up, feeling his cheeks burn. It wasn't until his hand clenched his cloak that Rian suddenly realized he wasn't decent, the cold floor tingled his bare feet causing the Stonewood to shiver. "Why aren't you resting... Are you alright?" Rian asked, trying to keep his voice down, the girl smiled. "I could ask you the same question." Deet replied causing Rian to let out a soft laugh, almost through his breathe. Finding his eyes capturing the Grottan girl, he slowly walked closer to her... "May I ask why you are awake?" He spoke, now looking down at her, still keeping the distance between them. Deet paused, she was planning on going out for some air. Rian watched her, her large dark eyes taking in his form. Blushing suddenly, Deet couldn't help but notice Rian was bare foot, her eyes trailed up. From his feet to seeing his legs, Deet has never seen the Stonewood out of his normal uniform, always covered up. Rian followed her trailing eyes, gulping, his cheeks felt flush as his grip tightened on his cloak that covered his shoulders and body. "Rian. Aren't you cold?" Deet asked, Rian's ears turned pink at the tips, his eyes widened looking down at himself, seeing his bare tanned feet with the tint of green on the top and bare carves that had green along the sides. Quickly feeling he's too exposed in front of the Grottan girl, Rian blushed. "Oh uh." Rian shuddered on his words feeling his face burn from embarrassment only to hear Deet letting out a soft giggle. Rian smiled softly to her, unknowing that he had moved closer. "I, was just heading back." He said before taking a gulp of his water, the Stonewood still wondered why Deet was awake. However upon his gaze, Rian saw Deet as her head lowered, looking at the ground, her eyes looked sad and her ears slowly lowered. Rian felt his heart sink, she was being very silent for a moment...