Chapter Ten

The silence in the car was peaceful but I chose to break it. "Drop me off at Sulia's house before you go to the pack house."

"I'm coming with you."

"No!" I exclaimed. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "No." I said softly. "I need to do this myself."

He sighed. "Okay. Just──be careful."

"Okay."

We reached Sulia's house a while after. I got out of the Jeep before Zade could say anything and slammed the car door.

I didn't look back at Zade when I heard the Jeep take off.

I reached Sulia's door step. I tried to open the door but it was locked. Normally, it was never locked. I banged the door.

"Gosh, I'm coming!" I heard my aunt say. She opened the door and froze. "Esra?"

I pushed her inside the house and pinned her against the wall. "Why did you do it?"

"Esra, what are you talking about? Is this any way to treat your aunt?" Her claws came out and she scratched my right cheek. I stepped back and felt my face. I stared at the crimson liquid coating my fingers.

Another memory hit me.

"I said I'm sorry." I sobbed.

"You think sorry with fix anything? Words mean nothing." She spat.

"Please don't hurt me."

"Shut up, child. I wish you died with your parents." She growled and scratched my face with her claws.

My aunt stared at me in complete shock. Both our breaths were ragged.

"You erased half of my memories." I growled at her. I felt my Alpha power taking control.

"Esra, what are you talking about? You had amnesia. Don't you──don't you remember?"

"Don't lie to me!" I pushed her against the wall again. My hand was on her throat. "You erased my memory! I remember. I remember you talking to the black wolf! The one who tried to kill me!" I growled at her.

"Esra, I can explain." Tears started to roll down her face. Crocodile tears.

"Then explain to me. Explain to me why you did this. Tell me why you erased my memory. Tell me why you killed my parents!" My voice softened.

"Because they were bastards!" She spat. "Your mother brain washed my brother. She turned my brother into a softy. We were supposed to be ruling over every land!" She growled.

"But why erase my memory?"

"Because you knew too much! You were supposed to be trained like him. But you refused." She snarled.

"Who, the black wolf? Tell me!"

"Or what?" She smirked.

I pushed my claws in her neck. I took her arm with my other hand and ripped it off. She screamed in pain, agony. I added more pain by squeezing her throat.

"Tell me now!" I demanded.

"I'll never tell you!" She gritted her teeth and hissed.

I squeezed her throat even more. She struggled for air. She tried to take in deep breaths. "You're finally doing what you were born to do." She smirked.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're a killer." She whispered. "You were mated to a dire wolf for a reason. Your child will be more powerful than the both of you."