Best new year or so I thought

I woke up on the day of New Year, almost exploding with excitement. The whole town had been preparing all of December, and today it was finally time. I jumped out of my bed and down the stairs, into the kitchen to get some breakfast. I almost swallowed my toast, and ran out to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I was about to go outside when my mom asked, "wouldn't it be a great idea to take some clothes on before you go, Wart?." I looked down on myself and saw that I was only wearing my under. "That would probably  be a good idea, thanks mom" I said, and went up on my room, to put on some clothes.

As soon as I went outside I got smashed by a snowball right in face. I immediately  slipped on some ice and gracefully, face planted in the snow. I could hear laugher right over me, and I turned around. Standing right over me laughing, was my best friend Kayla, and unfortunately she is very good at throwing snowballs. "That was fun Wart, could you do it again?" she asked, still laughing. I moved quickly, grabbed her leg, and ruined her balance, so she as well landed in the snow. "Unfortunately I can't Kayla, but you did a very good job yourself," I laughed. I got up and helped Kayla op too.