❀ Chapter 4 ❀

;art by purororon11

"Your bed's so soft, Melissa," Yin sighs. A lazy smile on his face and his limbs sprawled all over the mattress, resting his weary bones and savoring the cottony cushions against his skin. "I can stay here all day."

"Don't get too comfortable," She replies, sticking her needle over and under the edges of the doll she was working on. The hair is finally complete, long, golden, and fluffy. Melissa reaches for spare scraps of fabric left over from her mother's creations, stitching and sewing it into a makeshift dress and sliding it on the cotton doll. Experienced hands moving and gliding with meticulous precision. "You still have a laundry list of errands to do."

"Yeah, yeah, I know..." He grumbles. Right. Like all good things, his little relaxation session will eventually come to an end. Ten or twenty minutes or so, and he'll be back to dispatched mode, running to and fro... fetching whatever Melissa needs for her sewing, feeding stray cats that she temporarily took in, looking for miserable, potential clients, and doing other questionable ventures - just so he can stay in her block a little longer. "I can never escape you."

"Good thing you know."

Her and her bossiness...!

Yin sighs and rolls onto his side, plopping his cheek on his palm. His eyes land on Julian huddled in the dark corner, legs pulled to his chest and face buried in his knees. He's been in that corner for almost two hours, looking like a miserable, abandoned child left alone in a snowy night, nuzzling in the corners of a church- oh, wait. That isn't a really nice thing to say. Or think about.

"Hey, Julian... You alright? You miss your mother or something? Because I miss someone too."

That little someone is Wanwan of course. He cannot hold back a dreamy sigh. Agh, if only he wasn't possessed by Lieh... If he hadn't chosen to meditate in that certain place then maybe the evil god wouldn't have chosen him as his vessel. It's frustrating that he cannot see Wanwan and admire those pink, rosy lips and ethereal, golden eyes that shine brighter than the sun. With a heart so big and strong, just like him. He wants nothing more than to tease her about her beautiful and talented and adorable she is, and hear her call him an idiot.

If he's lucky, he might hear her call him her idiot someday... but that's something to hope for in another day, when the day comes that they will reunite again.

He chuckles to himself. Tang Wanwan... the most beautiful friend he had ever had.

Friend.

It sounds weird now. He thought.

Suddenly, Julian raises his head from his knees. Crimson eyes piercing, glinting with distaste. His voice so sharp it could cut through glass.

"Don't speak of that so casually."

Yin flinches out of his sweet, honeyed daydream. For a moment, he was confused as a rock, caught off-guard by the harshness in the Raven's tone.

Don't speak of what so casually?

Huh, what did I do wrong?

His mouth zips shut and his lips quiver. Eyes wide, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

I mean...

I didn't spill his life story, right?

I didn't say anything about the priest or the Ravens or the bloodshed or anything that caused him to have a dramatic, traumatic flashback, right?

I didn't call him an emo or anything (even though he's one), right?

Oh hey, reader, I see you're reading my thoughts. Pretty cool, right? Yeah, if you're wondering, I'm not actually thinking about how I accidentally offended Julian, I'm actually still thinking about Wanwan—

Among the Peach Blossoms ❀ Yin x WanwanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara