part 1

[Blixer's POV]
It felt like any other day in Paradise. So normal, so- ugh, bland. I walked down to the caves, my usual hideaway place. Sure, I was king now, I had pretty much everything to myself, but the caves were where I had found solace before when I had to hide from my parents. They were the reason I was lucky to have taken over their reign, since they were absolutely shit, especially towards me. I took a deep breath of fresh air, letting myself relax, feeling free from any problems in my life. That was all going great, until my vision started to fuzz out. My surroundings became more and more static, and I could barely see. I started to feel like I was floating- no, falling. I panicked, unsure of what was going on, until I crashed.

...
When I opened my eyes, everything was so... blurry. I scanned my surroundings trying to figure out where I fell, but everything looked the same - a glitching monochrome void. Maybe it was almost pitch-black, or maybe I hit my head too hard, I couldn't tell. But that didn't matter. What mattered was getting out of here. I started to wonder if I was alone in here.

"Hello again, Blixer."

"How do you know my name? And 'again'? I don't even know who you are!"
I kept looking at their to see if I had known anyone with a similar appearance. Their core shape was a hexagon, but strangely enough they didn't have any colour to them... at all. I wondered why. If they didn't have colour, then they definitely weren't from Paradise. Or... anywhere, really, since all shapes have at least *some* colour to them, regardless of whether that comes naturally, or from corruption. Was it actually possible to not have colour at all?

"Also, uh... why don't you have colour?"

"I figured you'd ask that. It's because you essentially replaced me. I was supposed to be you, but of course I wasn't 'good enough'. So they created you - supposedly better than me in every way. But I know my worth now. And I'm going to prove it to everyone by KILLING YOU."

"The fuck?! What did I ever do to you?!"

"EVERYTHING. YOU RUINED MY LIFE, YOU RUINED ANY CHANCE I HAD OF BECOMING 'POWERFUL', OF MEANING, OF COLOUR! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE THIS WAY?! BETRAYED? ABANDONED? STUCK IN BLACK AND WHITE? No, you never will. Because I TOOK THAT BULLET FOR YOU, AND GOT NO FUCKING THANKS IN RETURN!"

I would've started a fight right then and there, but something didn't feel... right. I felt so much pain and suffering in their voice to the point where if we *did* fight, I would've purposely surrendered - which, if you know at least part of me, is something I'd never do, even to my ex-boyfriend. (Ah fuck, I'm thinking about ~the incident~ again.)
I couldn't help but feel bad, but at the same time, I felt like it was all or nothing. Either they kill me and destroy everything I've ever known, or I kill them and feel like a total piece of shit for the rest of my life. I quickly decided that neither of those options sounded good.

I took a deep breath.

"I don't want to fight you."

They were clearly taken aback, almost to the point of getting out of their rage.
"WHAT?! I'M LITERALLY HANDING THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO HAVE MORE POWER OUT ON A SILVER FUCKING PLATTER, AND YOU REFUSE?!?!
...Interesting. I suppose maybe you aren't who I thought you were."

"Who did you- Nevermind, it's pointless to ask. I can tell how hurt you are, and I really do feel bad - but speaking from personal experience, it's really not worth it to take it out on everyone else. They'll only hate you more. Just some advice."

"I... why are you being nice to me?! I literally said I would KILL YOU, and you insist on giving me advice?! I DON'T DESERVE TO BE SAVED, SO GIVE UP ALREADY."

They started to tear up.
"NO MATTER WHAT I DO, NO ONE WILL EVER FUCKING CARE ABOUT ME. I'VE ONLY EVER HURT PEOPLE, EVEN WHEN THAT'S THE LAST THING I WANT. and..."
That was clearly the last straw, as they burst out crying.
"AND NO ONE WILL *EVER* LOVE ME. OR HELP ME. OR EVEN KNOW WHO I AM."

I had never sympathized for someone else, especially someone I barely knew, as much as I did now.
"I completely understand how you feel. You're not alone, you know. And I may have just met you, but if it helps... I care about you."

"......"
"...thank you."
"but... do you really mean that?"

I looked at them directly. "Of course. And if you ever need to talk, I'll be here. Also, I don't think I got your name."

They smiled shyly. "I really appreciate that. And.. it's Obscurity, by the way."

"Nice name. And... see ya 'round? You look like you could use some company. If that's alright with you, of course."

"Sure. Oh, you're probably wanting to go back to Paradise, is that right? I should send you home now."
They opened a portal, greyscale on one end, coloured on the other. I smiled.
"I guess this is goodbye."
They didn't say anything.

"Alright then, I'll talk to you some time."
I stepped into the portal, ending up right in front of the Tree of Life.

Well that was one hell of a rollercoaster for just one day.