16 | Chemtrails Over The Country Club

S i m o n e

--------------------------

Uncomfortable was an understatement.

Last night felt like a fever dream. A nightmare blunt rotation; Nicolas, Ju Oh-nam, and Ella-Rose.

She called 15 minutes after Nico left, calling to complain about how Liam Selfring called her a slut for kissing his brother while they were drunk at yet another party.

I tried desperately to see her side of the story but a part of me did agree with Liam.

Ella-Rose wasn't the most exclusive girl when it came to relationships. But Liam should've known that by now.

He should be madder at his shitty brother for kissing his "girl".

Just my perspective, though.

I didn't fall asleep until 2 A.M. and when I unfortunately woke up, I was greeted with texts from Mother and Mira's modeling agent who I was now signed to, both talking about the Kate Spade shoot and some opening event for a new movie I needed to attend.

I couldn't deal with even the thought of talking to Mother, so I went back to bed until 1 P.M.

Oversleeping only made me more tired, but I couldn't get myself to care that I was fucking up my morning routine.

It wasn't until my phone rang yet again that I rose from my bed. Both to finally get ready for the day and also put my phone on DND.

Until I looked at the caller on the screen.

Mother.

Mother doesn't call me. We don't talk. She texts or gets Mira or Father to call me when I usually ignore her. At the old house, she'd just storm into my room if whatever she had to say was that important; it rarely was.

"What," I snapped bitterly, answering the phone and preparing myself for the upcoming dread I'd get from hearing her voice.

"Good to see that adulthood did little to change that attitude of yours," She sneers sarcastically and I picture her momentarily as Mother Gothel—the ugly and wrinkled version. Before I could answer or hang up, she continued talking. "Mira and I are going to a movie premiere tonight. It would be good publicity for you unless you weren't serious about modeling."