you're sick

Olivia arrived home after a few short hours spent at the studio.

She noticed how still everything seemed to be; it was quiet which was really unusual because it wasn't late and you're usually sat on the couch with your favorite show playing loudly on the tv.

It was dark too. The lights were off and the curtains were drawn.

The couch was set up as it was when she left a few hours ago, telling her that you must not have left the bed today.

She was starting to get a little worried.

She checked everywhere downstairs for you first then started to take the stairs.

She peeked into every room along the way only to find them empty and dark.

The door to the bedroom was open.

The lights were off but she could see the glow of the tv.

It was quiet, the volume almost all the way down.

She saw you curled up with more than just your one fluffy blanket like usual.

One of your arms was over the blanket and she could see that you had thrown on one of your warmest shirts.

She patted across the carpet and over to you.

Her hand fell to yours and she could feel that your skin was warm under her touch.

With a frown, she gently laid her hand on your forehead instead.

You definitely had a fever.

And for Olivia, all the pieces were starting to fall into place.

A tiny whimper left your lips as you stirred.

You shivered so Olivia didn't hesitate in draping the blankets to your shoulders.

When you felt that someone was there with you you jumped awake, relaxing when your gaze fell on her.

"Sorry, baby. I didn't mean to startle you."

You swallowed thickly, attempting to soothe your dry and sore throat but it didn't do you any good. "What are you doing here? I thought you had work to do." Your voice was hoarse and Olivia shushed you softly.

"I did but I finished everything early, and I'm happy I did. You're sick, and you have a bad fever."

You just weakly nodded your head.

"What's going on?" She asked worriedly.

"I think I might be coming down with a cold." You mumbled and sat up abruptly, quickly reaching for the tissues on the nightstand.

You sneezed a few times and then threw your head back against the headboard.

You felt terrible and it showed.

"Let me see what I've got that'll help you," Olivia said, pressing a lingering kiss to the top of your head before she got up and went into the bathroom.

She looked around for a moment before she saw some cough syrup.

She grabbed it and made her way back to you.

You whined when you saw the familiar bottle.

You watched her pour the liquid into the lid and move it towards your mouth.

You squeezed your eyes shut and turned your face.

"Do you really think that'll do you any good,
y/n? Come on, you need to take this. It's gonna help you feel better!"

You reluctantly opened your eyes.

You were met with Olivia's worried ones, and even though you weren't thrilled about it, you grabbed the medicine and swallowed it quickly.

Olivia rubbed your shoulder encouragingly. "Good! Let me go see what else I can find. Are you hungry? We might have some soup or something."

You shrugged. "Maybe later. I just want something to soothe my throat for right now. It really hurts." She nodded with a sad smile then made her way downstairs.

She saw that you did have some soup that was still good, so she'd make that for you later.

She also saw that you still had some tea so she made that for you, knowing it would do a great job at soothing your sore throat.

She made her way back up to you a few minutes later.

You had fallen back asleep and although the sight was comforting, she knew you'd be happy to drink what she had made you.

She carefully shook you awake.

"Hey, baby. I made you some tea with honey. It should help your throat a little."

You slowly took the mug from her hand and sipped on the warm drink.

It soothed your throat with every swallow and you let out a soft sigh when it brought you relief.

"Good?"

"Perfect. Thank you."

She gave your forehead a soft kiss then flashed you a tiny smile. "No need to thank me. It's what I'm here for. Now, anything else you need?"

"Some cuddles would be nice."

Olivia quickly nodded her head and crawled under the covers next to you.

"I'm always happy to cuddle you, my love." She said as you dropped your warm forehead to her shoulder and curled up in her arms.

"I love you. Get some sleep."

She started to brush her fingers through your hair.

You felt so relaxed in her arms, so you let yourself drift away to a peaceful sleep, hoping that some rest would help you feel better.

"Sweet dreams." She whispered once she knew you'd fallen asleep a few minutes later.

She didn't plan on moving until you woke up again.