𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

They say when you turn 18 you'll find your mate. That the moon goddess will bless you with your one true love and you'll live happily ever after.

Yeah, fuck that childish fairytale.

My father was super excited for my 18th birthday. Not only would I be able to find a strong, dependable warrior for a mate but he would also step down as Alpha for his time had come. Our pack wasn't traditional at all. We believed that once the Alpha's firstborn, usually a male rarely female, turns eighteen that their parents would step down from their roles and pass them on to their offspring. Other packs generally waited until twenty-five to pass on the title. But that's besides the point.

The only thing that I was blessed with was my dad reluctantly passing down the role of Alpha to me without a mate. To put it short and sweet the whole ceremony was a complete and utter shitshow. My father was beyond furious that the moon goddess failed to provide a mate for me. He was also angry that I had chosen to accept the fact that there wasn't a mate out there for me that I needed to try harder to search for one.

Yeah okay, cause like it's sooooo easy to search for a mate between six packs that only meet in truce underneath a full moon at the alpha king's palace.

Truth be told I was fine not having a mate. Didn't have to worry about having some guy's pups while he ran the pack accordingly, was free to pretty much do whatever I want when I want, noone to sit there and nag at me for not adhering to every wish and command of him. It was nice.

But at the same time, my heart hurt. My wolf was in so much pain and we couldn't figure out why. It felt like our world had been shattered forever. A pain that I mentally block out until the day is over and I can collapse in bed to scream or sob. I have cursed the moon goddess for ruining sacred tradition almost like she was punishing me for something that I had done but couldn't figure out what. As much as I was fine without having a mate my soul and wolf longed and burned for a companion.

My name is Lexi and welcome to my sob shitshow of a story about poor me, pitiful me. But also what had happened many moons ago that I was being punished for even though it wasn't my fault at all.