Obsessed over you

The war was raging on, and yet, Madara watched dully from the side as the allied shinobi backed off in fear of the Ten Tails beast.

Madara had long learnt that Hashirama was no longer the only wood user in history, that there were now more than himself and Obito who had the ability to utilise that power.

Madara had also gradually accepted the fact that there may be a particular few that could keep him occupied in battle for some time besides just Hashirama.

All in all, during this reanimated revival, he'd come to learn that Hashirama really wasn't all that amazing as an individual anymore.

Or that's what he'd concluded upon.

Taking a seat on a rocky ledge, he watched as some people screamed, some cried, some shouted, some begged. But it did not pique his interest in the slightest.

"It's a shame I won't see him before I succeed in my plan." Madara muttered to himself subconsciously, not even realising he was doing so as Gunbai hung down by his side untouched. "I'd want to see the look on his face when he realises that I can succeed too, that he's not the only special one-"

No... he's not special, he reminds himself as he silently grimaces.

Madara watches the people down below and tightens his gloved hand around his trousers, expression twisting as at the mention of Hashirama, he began to remember his life back as a teenage youth, back when he carelessly sneaked towards that river bay every day with a heart roaring with excitement.

He'd always watched Hashirama smile his blissful smile, his heart had always pounded, he was always so entranced by the other's kindness and beauty, something only he seemed to appreciate.

Yet that exact man stabbed him through the back, no hesitation in the slightest.

The comparative memory made Madara's blood boil once more, and if he'd been resurrected fully by now, he was sure his heart would be hammering with rage.

Then he felt it.

That chakra he could detect from the whole other side of this planet, that disgustingly familiar chakra presence he'd unknowingly engraved into every part of his body, his mind, his soul.

It was him.

He was here.

Madara immediately jumped to his feet, feeling the chakra approach closer at a very quick rate. The adrenaline increased by twofold as his non-existent stomach attempted to carry out three backflips in a row, he waited.

Then, under the watch of his unblinking eyes, he watches as four individuals arrive onto the battlefield, all were reanimated, but he couldn't care less about that detail.

His rinnegan quickly darted to a particular black haired individual, who stood up, saying something with a slight smile.

Those lips that smiled used to belong only to him, that smile used to only been shown to him.

"Hashirama!" Madara jumps down from the top, his landing almost cracking the new rocky ledge from the accumulated speed from his fall.

He watches seemingly impassively as Hashirama turns around, expression neither surprised nor shocked as he gazes at him.

The world seemed to slow around them, their eyes unblinking as they faced one another.

Something suffocating grew in Madara's empty chest as his eyes carried a spiral of different yet worryingly intense emotions and thoughts within.

But Hashirama looked away first, expression concealing just how dreadful he was feeling inside.

"Anija-" Tobirama began saying, but Hashirama ignored both men who looked to him with much anticipation, for very much contrasting reasons. He proceeds to follow the other's and creates a handful of wood clones, sending them out before gesturing for the fellow Hokage to create the Four Red Yang Formation.