One of Her Boys - Mark

Mark rolled his eyes when he saw Ilea dancing with Yeonjun. This was the third time this week they were dancing together alone in the dancing room. They were very close as well while dancing, under the impression 'helping Yeonjun out for his solo part'. Mark didn't like it even one bit.

This new guy being exceptionally good at dancing worried him a little. Who was he kidding, Yeonjun intimidated him too much for his liking. I mean, in a polyamorous relationship it was normal to feel intimidated up to a degree by the other partners of your partner, but Yeonjun felt different to Mark. It was as if Ilea could play a monogamous game with him and this feeling drove Mark off the rocks.

He was closely watching the duo laughing at each other when Chan walked by.

"Mark! What are you doing here?"

Mark turned to see Chan, Ilea's first-ever boyfriend. He was in a different tier than the rest, everyone was well aware of this fact. He was the one Ilea never gave up on even though how many new men she had, which made Mark respect him.

Chan was wearing some black shorts with a gray hoodie, his computer in his hand, and a bag in his other. His wet hair made it obvious that he was just out of the gym, probably working out with his gym bros also called gymracha. The gym trio inspired Mark to work out a little bit more as well, so he was thankful.

"Nothing, hyung. Just wanted to see what Ila was doing. Are you just done with your workout?"

Chan nodded when he took several steps to get closer to Mark. He looked through the glass door, seeing Yeonjun and Ilea inside having a damn good time. This new guy was a fierce one indeed.

Just then Yeonjun kissed Ilea's cheek and that made Mark flinch, his eyes becoming darker with jealousy.

Chan didn't particularly like seeing Ilea with her other partners, but he was aware they existed and tried his best not to be affected by it.

"Mark, come on. Let's go to the studio, shall we?"

Mark didn't want to leave, he wanted to see how far Yeonjun would take things. Yet, he knew Chan was right. They needed their privacy. He'd hate if anyone watched them while he was spending some quality time with Ilea. So he just followed Chan upstairs to the composing studio that he used.

"I thought I'd invite the boys for a beer, but apparently you need it more. So, have some."

Mark was deep in thought when Chan opened his minibar to get two cans of beer outside.

"Thanks, hyung."

Chan just nudged and opened his can. He was waiting for Mark to start the conversation which he did quite soon.

"How did you do it hyung?"

Chan didn't understand what he meant by the question, so his empty eyes wandered on the boy whose eyes fixed on him.

"How did I do what?"

"How did you deal with Ilea's other lovers? I was her second boyfriend right after you, how did you deal with the news? Weren't you jealous?"

Chan recalled those days when Mark and Ilea just started to date. Those were dark days for Chan, for sure. After having the girl of his dreams to himself for over a year, he had started to believe that maybe she was becoming monogamous and Mark appeared out of nowhere one December. Of course, it was hard for Chan, how couldn't it have been? He was devastated to hear Ilea introducing him as his boyfriend.

"I was furious."

Chan chuckled.

"Imagine, having Ilea for yourself for more than a year and suddenly a younger male appearing and causing you to share her time and energy. I was too jealous, too insecure... It was a hard time."

Mark was sad to hear that, as he was the cause of what happened. But he liked the girl as well and took his chance to be with her. Accepting the presence of another male in their relationship. She was worth such a risk for Mark.

"So, how did you get out of that mentality?"

"I talked it through with Ilea. It was always our answer. You know, Ilea appears so confident about her polyamorous side but she actually is not. She worries a lot about each and every one of us, mostly any possible jealousy that can start among us. So, she had always told me to talk it through her if I ever felt jealous. She always assured me that her love for me never changed, no matter how many boyfriends she had. She had you, she had Hongjoong, but she never left me. She was always there when I needed her to be there for me."

Mark smiled to himself, now that he thought about it Ilea was always present. She tried hard to be there for all her boys.

"Even after all that, we weren't doing okay until I decided to trust her. Mark, you have to trust her that she'll always have you in her huge heart of hers if you want a relationship with her. Trust me, it is easier said than done, but that's the only way. If you keep having suspicions of her cheating on you, one day she won't tolerate it anymore."

After chugging down a few consequent sips from his beer, Chan continued speaking.

"Plus, why are you so concerned about Yeonjun? You also experienced Hongjoong, you were never this affected."

Mark knew very well the reason, but it was hard to say it out. So, he decided to let the beer make it easier for him. He drank half of the can at one go, to become a little tipsy and to be able to say those hard words.

"I don't know, hyung. I guess, it is because we are the same age. You guys were always older than me, so I always had something you didn't have. But this guy is the same age as me, he is also a rapper plus he is an extraordinary dancer. He is successful. He has everything, everything I think I have, and more. I feel like Ilea can be bored of me after this guy."

Chan felt Mark's words. This was what he felt when Mark first came to their relationship as well.

"So, I guess it happens to everyone. You know, when Ilea first brought you to meet me that's very similar to what I was thinking. He has it all, and he is younger than me. Ilea would forget about me soon. But that wasn't the case. It was in fact our strongest time together. So, have a little more faith in yourself."

Chan left the can to hold Mark's shoulder.

"Plus, if you don't want Ilea to be bored of you, there is something you can do. You can try to be a better version of yourself constantly. And I know you do try it, not for Ilea but for yourself and your fans so be easy on yourself."

Chan then chuckled to himself once more, realizing something.

"Ups, I found a common point of us all. We are all high achievers, trying to improve ourselves constantly. I guess she does have a type."

The remark of his hyung made Mark chuckle as well, adding up to his tipsy state.

"I guess she does."

After finishing the can, Mark realized he needed to take the company car to return to SM.

"Hyung, thank you for everything you have told me."

"You are very welcome. I need you guys to stay strong for Ilea to be happy as well. So, whenever you need anything, you know you have another hyung here. I know, it won't be like the ones from your group, but I'll do my best."

"Of course, hyung. And you have a dongsaeng here."

Chan nodded and Mark left the studio waving at Chan.

'I have found another reason why Ilea loves you, hyung. You care for everyone around you, even when it is hard for you too.'

Ilea knew how to chooseher boyfriends. Maybe he should give Yeonjun a chance too, without becoming toojealous. Maybe he'd also be like Chan and Hongjoong.