Chapter 1

Me, my dad, and Carlos were all in a cha-cha line walking up to the front door. We just got home from the concert and we're all excited about how well it went. And yet in the back of my mind I am still thinking about my boys and when I can finally get a chance to be alone to even process this messed up situation of mine. "...I'm the last standing. I'mma stand tall. I'mma stand tall. Whatever happens even if I'm the last..."

My dad shouts, "Tall!" as our three person congo line falls apart. Me and my brother then turn around to face our dad as he says, "You and your Phantom's were unbelievable tonight. You know, I would like to thank them for bringing music back into your life."

"I already did. But I didn't thank you, Papi," I said, thinking about the dedication I made early in the day. We all smile at each other. I gave Carlos the pink dahlia that I'd been holding since I received it. Thinking it was a sign from my mom. I give my dad a big hug as Carlos speaks up,

"Hey, Julie, can I talk to you for a second?" I see concern in his eyes.

I feel really bad, but I really just need some time alone. "Yeah. Yeah, um, just give me a minute."

"Okay, I'll wait up. Don't ghost me." He says with a wink.

Did he just say what I think he said? Wait, does this mean he knows about the boys? How long has he known for? Okay, wait. I will deal with this later. Don't overthink it.

Carlos goes into the house with a smirk on his face. I turned around to see my dad smiling. "Hey dad?" I ask.

"Yeah mija?" he replied. "Do you mind if I sleepover at Flynn's house?" I said thinking about the conversation I had with Flynn. It was about what I was going to do after the concert. I didn't want to sleep alone if the boys did end up crossing over. So I asked if I could sleep over at her house.

"It is a weekend... Yeah you earned it. Your grades have been amazing."

"Thank you Papi!! I am going to stop by the studio just to drop off my stuff, talk to Carlos. Then I'll pack up."

"Okay see you tomorrow," he said walking towards the door.

"I love you, dad."

"Love you too mija"