𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝

Wow, it's been a hell of a ride. In the two years that I've been writing this, so much has happened. First of all, I got into a relationship irl, which is kind of ironic since I started this fic for pretend romance scenarios I thought I would never have. Honestly, I found that I actually enjoyed the genre of romance more now that it's a part of my life.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this, especially if you were one of the few that have been here since the beginning, voting and commenting and promoting this fic. I really appreciate all the support. This story has been an idea in my head for years. In fact, the initial idea had come to me during quarantine.

To celebrate the completion of this fic, my first ever completed fic, here are some ideas that I had in 2020 that didn't make the final cut:

- Chiharu's height was supposed to be 5'1. I felt it was too cruel in the world of men's volleyball so I didn't keep it in. Now he is 5'9.
- Chiharu was part of Inarizaki
- Chiharu was a second year
- Sakusa was supposed to have had no idea who Chiharu was before meeting him at All-Japan
- They were originally meant to meet at dinner instead
- Chiharu was not a hard worker; in fact he was aloof and arrogant and never practiced his skills
- There was a whole arc where Chiharu was practicing backrow attacks (which are pretty against the rules for a libero). When asked if he wanted to switch to play a different position to further his attacking skills, he declined and then proceeded to continue practicing backrow attacks as the libero and breaking the rules of volleyball.
- Inarizaki and Itachiyama both played to finals, completely destroying the Canon
- Chiharu became captain in his third year

Luckily, most of main character syndrome has been removed from the fic, leaving Chiharu to be a more authentic human being.

I'd like to thank you all again for the support. If you'd like, please comment to provide ideas for a potential sequel! I'd love to hear your interpretation of where this story will go :)

You can also comment some questions about the fic here. I'll be happy to answer them.