Chapter One: Diagon Alley

"Where is it? Where is it?!" I have been looking for my bag for the last 20 minutes but it is nowhere to be seen. I am assuming one of the other girls took it just to annoy me. Then I hear a giggle coming from next door and burst in to find Lyra ransacking my rucksack. "Oh hey Lilly!" She says in a sweet and innocent tone, "Want your bag?" Well obviously I think, "Then come and get it!" Lyra giggles before making a break for it.

I hate her. What else can I say. Her long brown hair, perfect complexion and lovely voice make everyone adore her unless they know her. Lyra's parents died telling her how much they love her and that is all she ever goes on about,'my mummy this' or,'my daddy that' and she does it mainly to annoy me. She knows that my parents abandoned me with no one then went off and died from who knows what! She is also amazing at dancing, singing and art so no one ever makes her train in anything else. So she isn't very fast. But I am.

Lyra's chest hits the floor before she even reaches the door frame. This knocks all the wind out of her giving me a chance to grab my belongings and stuff them back into my bag. Clearly, I did not push this girl but the second I sling my backpack over my shoulder she gets up and starts screaming. "LILLY PUSHED MEEEEEEEEE!"

"Liar." I murmur under my breath before I feel a fist connect with my jaw. Kind of pathetic really. The force of the punch made Lyra topple over again and it barely even hurt. I began to smirk feeling rather amused when Madame Genora comes into the room. "Idiotic child." She says. Not even children, child. She is implying that this is my fault and I despise her for it. "Lilly at this point I have half a mind not to let you go with the big man in the lobby downstairs now." She scolds. However I could not care less. Hagrid is here, right now.

I ask (very politely definitely) whether I can go downstairs to see him as I am packed and ready. She nods serenely and I sprint down the stairs and into the main hallway. Just as I suspected, Hagrid is there. I run up to him and hug him with all of my might. "Woah there, kiddo. Don't want ya' breaking my bones today do we now?" I shake my head and release his torso from my embrace.

We walk outside and I spot his signature baby blue motorcycle that he always picks me up in.

"Ready to go?" He asks me and I nod whilst clambering into the side car of the vehicle. Hagrid then gets on and we drive into a thicket of trees. Once we are hidden from the orphanage, Hagrid pushes a pink button and we soar into the sky leaving my 'home' behind.

"Sooooo, how's your summer been Lilly?" Hagrid questions me. I think for a moment before saying,
"My summer has been grate dude, I mean I love being forced to work in order to eat." I'm shocked with myself and immediately cover my mouth. Why did I say that? "H..Hagrid?" I whisper, tentatively, "you are going to forget I said that. Ok?" A hazy look falls over his eyes and then he seems to wake up from a trance.
"Forget what? What do you mean?" Phew, it worked. Over the years, I have discovered that if I try hard enough, I can manipulate people's brains and make them forget things. This hardly ever needs to be done though. When I reply to him, I tell him, "You asked me how my summer went and I told you all about how they took us to the beach for a week. Remember?" Hagrid grunts a 'yes' back and we spend the rest of the journey in silence.