1

"Alex, there is no other choice anymore." Henry is sitting across from Alexander Claremont-Diaz, his music manager, while still clutching the paper with his last warning. "I have to go back to England."

"No, not yet!" Alex has been his manager ever since Henry tried his luck, singing at this small pub with an open mic night and Alex was completely mesmerized by his talent. Alex had contacted him in the exact second, Henry had left the stage, fearing someone else would snag him up right in front of him. And Alex had no intention of letting that happen. He knew talent when he saw it. And Henry Fox had loads of it. That was almost a year ago, and there was still no record deal. Not that they hadn't worked hard for it. But the music industry can be a real bitch sometimes. "We still have options." Alex begins to pace back and forth inside the small office space in Henry's apartment where he does most of his writing.

"Like what? Finding me a wife?" Henry laughs dryly, but Alex gets an idea. It might not be the best idea in the world, but it's an idea, nonetheless.

"That's exactly what well do! We are going to get you married!"

"Alex, are you insane?" Henry grabs Alex by the shoulders, knowing all too well, that if he doesn't have a physical contact with Alex when he is like this, the guy just doesn't listen. "I am gay, Alex. You bloody know this."

"Of course, I do." He swats Henry's hands of him and instead grabs the paper Henry left on the desk. "But this is our last fucking chance, Fox. They are deporting you, which is completely insane by the way, so the only way to fucking keep you here, is to get engaged!"

"You're a maniac..."

Alex laughs smugly, "quite possibly so, but you are the real fucking deal, and I'm not letting you go back to England where some British manager is going to scoop you up right under my fucking nose. No! that's not happening." Alex is gesticulating wildly, and Henry takes a step back so he doesn't accidentally gets smacked on the head by Alex' flailing limbs.

"And who do you suspect I should marry then? June?"

"What? Oh god no. No way." Alex stares at Henry with utter disgust plastered on his face. "That's insane."

"Exactly! Thank you!" Henry shouts while throwing his hands in the air. "Finally, you realize how stupid that entire plan is!"

"What? No, my plan isn't stupid. Your idea of a partner is. Of course, you are not marrying my sister. Ew." Alex scrunches his nose then steps closer to Henry and grabs his hands. "You are marrying me. See, then it isn't against your sexuality."

"You really are insane..." Henry's gasps, "you have quite literally lost your bloody mind! I am not marrying you!"

"Why not?" for a moment, Henry thinks that Alex almost looks like he is shocked and a little hurt by hat statement, but Henry shakes the image out of his head. He must have been imagining it.

"Because, for one – you are straight. Secondly, we would be scrutinized thoroughly. Which means you would not be able have sex with anyone, for the entire time of our fake marriage."

"Except for my dear husband." Alex bats his eyes at Henry.

"I am not kidding, Alex." Henry crosses his arms and glare at Alex.

"Neither was I!" Alex mirror Henry's stare and manages to hold it for thirty seconds before bursting down laughing. "That was intense." He grins and slaps Henry's shoulder. "See how easy we act like a married couple. We can totally get away with this."

"Alex, for Christ's sake."

"Stop" he puts his hand over Henry's mouth, and Henry only just resist the overwhelming desire to act like a five-year-old and lick his hand. "Don't say anything now... just think about it, and meet me tomorrow night at the pub. Then you can give me your answer, alright?"