Chapter 3

I knew when I got up I had to get dressed and have a shower, and I ate breakfast. That's why I was postponing getting up, because I knew I needed to go and do those things, but I really didn't want to. The only thing that got me out of bed was the fact that I needed to go shopping for food, and that was the best part of the week. Some people might not like food shopping, but I very much enjoyed it. I had found all the recipes and ingredients I needed to get, and it was just so peaceful. Especially that I could listen to music there, and not be disrupted.  

All I could smell was eggs coming from the kitchen, so I guessed Livia was awake. She could never have just cereal for breakfast, especially on weekends, so I always had to factor that in for the shopping list. I swear, I had so many eggs last week, it was ridiculous. "What's going on in here?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Just eggs and toast today. Do you want me to make you some?" Livia responded. "No thanks, I'm not hungry right now." I said, as  came into view, watching Livia's eyes widen with surprise at the fact that I was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday. "Did you even get changed yesterday?" Livia asked. 

"I didn't. I should probably go and do that before I go out for the day." I replied, turning around to go and get dressed. I grabbed a pair of cuffed jeans, a t-shirt, and a light brown hoodie. Nothing special for the shopping day, but I still wanted to feel nice when going out.  Once I had got undressed, I hopped into the shower, ready to start my day with some warm water.

Once I had finished getting ready for my day, I put on some light makeup and got ready to go to my local shops, Sainsburys. Just me and myself, no one else to stop me, apart from my bank account. I was planning to have some proper meals this week, and preferably not something like take away pizza every night, as enjoyable as it was. Tonight was the day for Lasagne, which Livia was great at making, so I decided to get her the ingredients for it. I loved to bake, and she loved to cook,  and we made a great team and even better neighbours, as we were always over run with all the stuff we made, so we often handed them out the neighbours, or the ones we liked. 

For example, there was Mrs. Jones, whose wife had died a few months ago, so we were always going over to her house to spend time with her and bake cookies with her grandchildren, which was nice. We always gave her some of our baking, as although we bake a lot at their house, the grandchildren always take them home to enjoy.  That, and she loved our pasta, as did her wife, Lillian. They were both so sweet, and we used to see them around the neighbourhood a lot, and they brightened up anyone's day.

Enough remising. As much as I love to daydream about having a supposedly perfect life, as not every life is perfect. As I grabbed a few more snacks and other bits and bobs for other evenings throughout the week to make dinner with, such as the rice which needed refilling, and the cereals, which we were running out of. Soon, I made my way to the tills, which spent me embarrassingly long to find, even though it is my local shop. I'm just forgetful, okay? 

There was a lot in my cart, so I took a long time transferring it into my shopping bags, and with a quick scanner, the food was piling up, and I couldn't quite handle it, so the man on the till helped me pack it up before asking me to pay. I tapped my card on the scanner, and once I was finished putting the bags into the trolley, I walked out of the shop to go and put all the food into the boot of my car, and maybe even into the back seats too, as there was so much of it. 

An hour later, as I got stuck in quite a lot of traffic, I finally got home to my apartment. There was so much food, so I had 2 options, call Livia and ask her to come down and bring it back up to the apartment, or I could make multiple trips to the apartment, and up and down the four flights of stairs I had to climb. I would rather do that with Livia, so I decided to call her. 

+44 7911 802332, that's what I dialled, or at least I thought it was. Except no one was picking up the phone, and Plus, Livia would've picked up the phone if I was calling. There was no doubt that she would ignore my phone call, even if it was on silent, because she's always on her phone. I'm texting her boyfriend, I bet. That, or she has her phone powered off for some weird reason. On the other hand, I could've called a random number, and that's why they're not picking up. I decided to call again, just to make sure that it was the right or wrong number. 

I hope you like this chapter. It's a bit longer than I usually write, but let me know if you want a slightly longer chapter than this! Word count: 935.