7) Hope

lavanya 's pov

I don't want to go inside, I kept chanting this continuously, but Ritvik didn't pay heed to any of my pleas

I don't want to go inside, I kept chanting this continuously, but Ritvik didn't pay heed to any of my pleas. Instead, he took my hand and dragged me inside HOPE'S hospital where "Be what you want" was written on the board.

As soon as we reached inside the hospital, a receptionist stood up and spoke."Good morning Ritvik, aap yahan kaise, ma'am se milne aaye?" she said to him while Ritvik showed his honey-dripped smile and spoke.

"Hii Rita di, hmm ma'am se milne aaya tha, abhi busy hai kya vo?" he asked her very politely."Nahi, abhi 30 minutes hai unke pass, aap andar chale jao," she said and looked at me. Ritvik understood that di is asking who I am, I just downed my head again.

"Oh, she is Vanilla, I mean Lavanya. She needs to talk to her," he said, and Rita di nodded. I just waved hi to her, and then Ritvik again dragged me towards the corridor. We entered a room, and as we did, I felt some kind of vibes, a warm vibe.

The room was filled with orchids, smelling like vanilla-the one Ritvik called me. Vanilla, I thought as plain, but entering this room, smelling the scent of vanilla, it was refreshing and filled with richness.

That refreshness was entering inside me, as if I am also like those flowers

That refreshness was entering inside me, as if I am also like those flowers. I took a deep breath and was shaken out of my thoughts by Ritvik."Lavanya, meet my senorita," he said and moved beside the woman, keeping his chin on her shoulder.

The woman just smacked his head lightly, making him groan."Lavanya, don't listen to him; he is too dumb. Hi beta, I am Dr. Seema Malik, also this weird creature's mother and your listener, talker, whatever you want me to be," she said, and I couldn't hold myself and burst into tears.

After 10 minutes, Ritvik pouted, saying, "Vanilla, don't cry, naaa, please," while I was sitting on a cushion chair. Aunty passed me water and some tissues.

Seeing Ritvik's pouting, I chuckled, and aunty asked me, "Are you okay, beta?" I just nodded, and then she patted my head, moving to sit on her chair.

She took out a form, and before I could take it from her hand, Ritvik grabbed the front page and started filling in personal details, leaving two pages for me.