01

𝗶'𝗺 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗮𝗯𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱-𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗻

𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗱
-𝗵𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗮𝗻

————————————

Taking in a deep breath, you open the door with a grunt. Moving your arms above your shoulders and behind you neck, you stretched. Letting out a small hum you bent down and picked up the bundle of sticks on the ground.

Suddenly before you could grab them, a cup of coffee was forced into your vision. Blinking harshly, you look up at the troll with a frown. "You're up late," he grunted.

Rolling your eyes, you took the coffee silently. Taking a sip before sighing happily, "my bed was too comfy." You smirked, following the troll as he just grumbled before continuing on his way.

Placing the coffee cup in your hair, you quickly followed the troll. Trailing behind him as he had a group of sticks under his armpit. Continuing on collecting them. "Are you making a fire?" You questioned him, watching as he turned slightly to look at you; grey eyes piercing.

"Come on, Branch!" You slapped his shoulder softly, trying to get him to make more conversation. A small smile graced his lips before he shook his head.

"I'm just... thinking." Branch began. "It's been twenty years since the escape and who knows what the village has in store."

"Probably a huge celebration." You chuckled jokingly.

Branch opened his mouth to continue but shut it immediately when the sound of music reached both of your ears. His ears tilted downwards as his brows furrowed.

"Poppy..."

"Sunshine day~"

You glanced over at Branch as he let out a low growl. Quickly heading towards where the noise was coming from, you were quick to follow behind him.

"everybody's singing Sunshine day"

Pushing back a few twigs and stray leaves from your vision, Branch jumped up so he was higher up on a hill. Turning over and linking both of your hands as he pulled you up along with him.

"Everybody, move your hair and feel united"

You hummed along softly to the tune, out of pure instinct. But quickly stopped at the look Branch gave you of disbelief. It was getting louder, and as soon as the two of you turned left; you saw the entirety of the village in rows singing. They did a bunch of jumping and acrobatics that you honestly did not have the energy for.