Chapter 1

Ashley's POV:

I wake up in the middle of the living room feeling like crap. "Ugh." After getting up from the floor, I have the sudden urge to go scavenge for food. I make my way towards the garbage in search for nutrients. Despite the times I've spent going through it to find food. Then I feel something round. Something can like. Wait- ITS A CAN OF TOMATOES!!! 'I gotta go show Andy and Ray! Then they will surely praise me for my find!' I make my way towards our room and see Andy on his bed and Ray on the ground near him. I quickly present the can of tomatoes in front of them both. "Taddaa!" They both look at me. The silence fills the air. "A-hem..Taddaa!" Immediately Andy replies, "We are not eating that." This response kinda shocks me,"Huh?" "No, it's the very last thing we have Ashley. I think we should hold onto it for a lil while." I grown in annoyance, "Quit your whining! You're energetic enough to go rummaged through our trash, so you're clearly not dying yet!" This got me to question his response, "Huh, how do you know it was in-" "Because I HID IT THERE! Away from YOU." "(Gasp) I LIVE IN A DEN OF SNAKES!" "Ah don't rile me up.. You're making me hungry." I smirk, "Do you know what would help with that, Andrew, Ray, my dears?" "No. Put the tomatoes away somewhere." "Put them in my mouth, I will!" "I can see your hearts set on this. Ugh fine. Let's eat them then. Screw our future selves." I smile with my success in getting Andy to agree. "And Ray, do you have any objections to this "Amazing" idea that I have???" He looks up at me with no expression on his face. "I don't really care. Just go make the can of tomatoes please." With his answer I make my way to the kitchen.

Ray's POV:

As soon as I gave my reply she left the room. Well I guess I can go to the balcony to get some fresh air or smoke a cigarette. Just anything to pass the time. I get up from my spot on the floor. "I'm gonna go to the balcony. See ya." "Ok." Andy said. I exit the room after grabbing the keys to the balcony to see Leyley arguing with someone behind the door. Probably the Warden. "Can't you go grab something from the store for us?" "Nah, not my problem. I'll check in on you again later! Bye!!" The warden replies. "No wait!! Wait, wait!! Come back!!!" It seems he ignored her. Oh well. "Goddammit." I hear Leyley say as she makes her way back to the kitchen. I decide to not say anything and just go to the balcony. Maybe I have another cig for all the stress that's been packing up on me for the past few weeks. I check my pockets.

           *You've got one cigarette*

Yes! Only one left. Better not let Andy see this. I light the cig and take one smoke of it. Gotta save some of it for later so I guess I'll leave it on the ash tray. As soon as I come back inside I place the keys to the balcony in Andy's room, soon after I leave I see that Leyley has finished the soup. I sit on the ground to make room for Andy as he comes in.

"Well? How is it?" Leyley says, "At this point you can feed me a can of worms and I'd say it's the best thing I've ever ate." Andy replies. "Not the worst thing I've had." I say, trying to voice my opinion. "Kiss-ass." Leyley says in return. Andy responds by saying, "No, I'm saying that's how hungry I am!" At this point I decide to not talk and Focus on eating, but before I can I hear the neighbors DUM ASS music murder my ears. "Are you kidding me? The neighbors at it AGAIN??" "Ugh Fucking Hell." I say in annoyance. "Wanna go take a peek?" Leyley said. "Nope. But I'll come along if you do. Here catch." Andy tosses her the keys to the balcony. Soon Andy and me follow Leyley to the balcony. As soon as we make it outside I forgot about my cigarette that I left on the ashtray. Well shit. Hopefully he doesn't see it. Thankfully Andy doesn't. In which I thank the god you don't believe in for that. "Hmm. Can't really see squat from here." Andy says, trying to look through our neighbors door. I see Leyley look across the balcony. I already know what she is thinking. And it's something stupid. "Ashely, don't even think about it." Seems like Andy also noticed. "Ahhh, he's no fun." She says in a teasing manner. Welp time to go find something to get us across.