000 | meet danica reid

WHO IS DANICA REID? MEET THE MUSIC INDUSTRY'S NEW "IT GIRL"

Written by Janet Lane: Times Magazine Author

view this article...

MEET DANICA REID, the 23 year old British singer-songwriter, who has quickly risen to fame and is often referred to as our decade's newest it girl. Born on January 4th, 2000, Reid has accomplished a lot at her young age. She released her debut album, "only" in 2022, which was quick to top the charts. She is best known for her singles "lacy" and "ceilings", which each respectively sat in the top 5 of the charts for weeks. Reid's talent is no question; apart from her magnetic voice, she is a very talented dancer. Reid began dancing from a young age, and was crowned The Dance Award's Best Teen Female Dancer in 2016. She no longer competes, but her rhythm does not go without recognition in her music videos.

Although British by birth, Reid has lived in Calgary, Canada, for a portion of her childhood, just after she quit go-karting. Oh yeah, did we miss that? Danica Reid used to compete in go-karting until the age of 10, alongside popular race car drivers like Lando Norris, and Max Fewtrell. Talk about having many talents! In fact, the trio's friendship is an online sensation. Although the exact root of their connection is unknown, presumably they met during their karting years and remained friends since.

During quarantine, the three were living together in London, and frequently live streamed on Twitch, or posted several trending YouTube videos on the girl's widely popular channel, with over 8 million subscribers. Although trio content has been limited since Reid left for her first world tour, fans find comfort in the various Formula One Grand Prix vlogs, where Reid and Fewtrell shadow their bestfriend Lando Norris during his races, or simple videos filmed in their car where the three talk about miscellaneous things. Her tiktok page is also incredibly popular, where the girl posts funny, relatable, trendy content. It is obvious, anything Danica Reid releases, whether it is new music or social media content, the world is quick to interact with it. She has a very strong, supportive fandom, which the girl loves interacting with.

Apart from Formula One, Danica Reid is also heavily involved in the hockey world. Her boyfriend, Cory Maverick, is a centre for the Columbus Blue Jackets, selected 12th overall in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft. The two were rumoured to be together in early 2022, after being seen out together, before confirming their relationship a few months later. Reid attends many games to support Maverick, and is friends with a few of his teammates.

At only 23 years old, Danica Reid is insanely successful. She has been nominated for and won 4 iHeart Radio Awards last year, and is rumoured to have new music on the way! She also co-owns a gaming and lifestyle brand, Quadrant, with her best friends Lando Norris and Max Fewtrell. Needless to say, Reid is the it girl of the decade, who everyone wants a piece of. I mean, who could resist? It's Danica Reid!