ten: Being Civil

"What do you think Alara!", the high pitched voice of Dawn Trinket broke Alara out of her daydream. But it wasn't a dream but more like a nightmare that she was reliving.

After what happened with Coriolanus, Alara was shook to her core. Even after he had dropped her safely to her home, she couldn't stop rethinking about the event and had got goose bumps every single time.

Inna was sleeping in her room, and it was quiet late when all the boys came back home. They promised to show the suits to her in morning since they were all tired and went to bed, however Alara stayed awake, her big eyes, red and rimmed with tears thinking about all the ways she could have been hurt if it wasn't Coriolanus with her there.

But Dawn voice made her realize that she was no longer in that night alley, that she was sitting in this fancy cloth shop, in which Dawn was forcing Inna and Alara to put on clothes and choose a final one for the party.

After wear three, Alara had given up and sat down in the creme colored couch, while Inna was putting on a dress and Dawn looking through racks and racks of clothes to choose something for the girls.

Alara looked up and she saw Inna standing there in a golden dress, it reached her mid thighs and had thin straps that were holding the dress to Inna figure. Since they were from Districts, their figures were un realistically thin, because of lack of food and good resources growing up. But it was good here, being in Capitol, and hence why the dress fit perfectly upon Inna body.

"Oh my" Alara said out loud, her eyes widen when she looked at her childhood friend, looking most beautiful. Dawn immediately clapped her hands. "you look like a goddess. This dress is just perfect for the party and you."

Inna ran her hands on the dress, trying to rid it off the invisible crinkles. Her eyes went to the Alara, and she raised her brow, feeling a little self conscious in that pretty dress, she asked "Does it look good on me?"

Alara knew what she meant, does this dress look good on a basic and poor district girl. To answer her question, Alara got up and took Inna hand, bringing her in front of the floor length mirror, she made her friend stand in front of it and wrapped her arms around Inna waist, put her head on her shoulder, and whispered to her "You look so beautiful Inna, the most beautiful ever."

In reply, Inna only put her hands on Alara hands and give them a squeeze. Both girls stood in front of the mirror, wondering how they got here. There was a silence until they both heard a sniffle and whipping their heads around they saw Dawn standing there, using her knuckles to wipe her red eyes.

"Are you crying Dawn" Inna asked and the crying girl looked at her wanting to deny but then she nod at the two district girls. "I always wanted a best friend and see you guys being one just hurts me a little i guess. Reminds me what i don't have" She added at the end with a chuckle.

Alara and Inna looked at each other confused, then back at dawn. "But you are so sweet Dawn. I am sure you will have a best friend some day" But Dawn only shook her head at them with a sad smile on her face. "No i won't."

"But dawn-" Alara tried to reason however dawn cut her off "I am the kind and rich girl who ever likes. But a red head freak, who have too much angry, who loves to talk and talk and talk without getting the hint would never have a best friend. I had one until she left me because i am too happy and weird" She sniffed and rub her nose on her sleeve.

The first sign of not being perfect Capitol baby, wiping the nose on the sleeve. Alara and Inna looked at each other and then stepped forward, and without giving the kind girl a second, they both jumped on her and hugged her tightly.

"Umm guys" She asked confused, and once they both stepped back from the hug, they smiled as kindly at the girl as she was and Alara said "we will be your best friends."

"WHAT REALLY" dawn asked and Alara and Inna nodded at the poor girl. "Yes, Yes we will!" Inna added back with enthusiasm. As if she had forgotten it all, dawn gave them a big smile and muttered. "Inna so you are keeping the dress. i will go pay for it until then Alara why don't you see if you like something." and skipped away.

___________________

Alara and Inna came back to their current resident with only Inna dress. Because Alara plays guitar and every single dress in that shop was big, puffy and almost swallowed her in ruffles. She knew that it wont only be dangerous but a hazard to wear and play guitar.

And beside that, she didn't really like them. She was poor but she didn't had a bad fashion taste. Just because she was poor doesn't mean she would wear a potato sack and love it. However they had came back to the house extremely late, by 7pm, and Nyx had saved some leftover takeout dinner. They had been eating the same thing every day for dinner but Alara never seem to complain seeing that she loved those noodles but today she didn't they feel like eating them.

Currently it was, 8 pm. Everyone was busy preparing for the event, testing their instruments and what not, seeing that they only had one day of tomorrow and then the party. she was sitting on the couch, randomly switching through the channels off the television when there was a knock at the door.

She waited, hoping someone will answer it but when no one did, and there was a second knock on the door, Alara groaned while standing up and walked to the door. Putting her hand on the knob she turned it to open the door.

A swift wind enter the house, making her feel a little cold. In front of her stood Snow, white and pale with his blue eyes penetrating her soul. "Hey" she muttered softly, not knowing if she can still hate him after what he did for her or maybe the hate was never there and she was fooling herself.

"Hey" he replied back with a soft smile, a smile she got lost in for a second. But then the cold windy air blew again, whispering in her ear, asking her to wake up and alara blinked, realizing she was staring at snow "What are you doing here? You wanna come in?"

Coriolanus blinked and stared at the brown haired beauty, a lopsided smirk on his face, he repeated her sentence saying "Are you inviting me in? Are you being civil to me Ms. Cyril"

At his words, Alara face twitched and Corio tried to hide his smile seeing how she was fighting herself to not be rude to him. Her eye brows twitched up and down, and with frustration she answered back "I am just being nice. after what you did i think i ought to be kind. So please don't test me Mr. Snow"

Coriolanus only gave her a small smile and a nod. Not wanting to bring up the traumatic event, and the following actions of both of them, he didn't brought up any thing regarding it, and simply put forward a few bags toward Alara.

She took them from his hands, shivering when their pinky touched each other "What are these?" she questioned and Corio answered "Your crew suits, customized to their sizes". A sense of recognition came upon her face and she nodded her head in understanding.

"Oh thank you for bringing them" Alara answered simply.

There was a silence between them until Coriolanus dared and tried to make conversation.

_________________________

Oh lord i had such a traumatic past few days and was so busy. I swear my life was boring and the moment i start writing its like everything flipped. Writer curse is real. Anyways enjoy! and

THANKS FOR 2.6K READS.