Lolas Origins pt.1: The girl in the village

He wasn't from her village. He was a traveler searching for something to elevate his status, but he didn't know what that would be yet. Maybe a pure gold vase or maybe an adventure that would make him well known.
As he arrived in the village on horseback, everything he once thought changed. Her long brown hair swayed in the wind as she danced through the marketplace. She was unlike anyone he had seen. With a joyful expression, she twirled as she passed the fountain. Her eyes as blue as the sky cast a spell on him. That smile and the way her dress danced with her hair.
He immediately knew, he had to have her.
He jumped off his horse and made his way towards her. The dress she wore was clean and new, she must've been on the wealthier side.
As he approached the dancing woman, he took her hand and brought it to his lips.
"My dear, you are stunning. My name is Ivan Sokolov. Might I ask yours?"
He moved his brown eyes to meet her blue ones. A soft smile made its way to her lips.
"You may, My name is Lola Adaksin. Thank you for the compliment."
Her voice was sweet, Ivan thought of it as a melody.
Soon, the two became inseparable. They'd walk down the riverbank behind her manor and dance with their feet in the water. There was never a day when they were without each other. Lola's heart warmed at the sight of him. She became madly in love. They held hands as they walked through the marketplace and danced during festivals. The way Ivan looked at her was unlike anything she had seen.
He would listen to her and wouldn't be scared to say what he thinks. Trust built more and more as time went on.
Within a year, Ivan was sitting on a couch in their manor, asking for her brother's blessing to be her husband. Lola had lost her parents at a young age, so her brother was her father figure despite Lola having the inheritance.
Her brother didn't hesitate to approve as he had seen the two together. Ivan decided to propose by the riverbank, where the two had spent so much time together.
Lola held onto his arm as they walked. It was a quiet and peaceful night. As they approached the river, Ivan got down on one knee. His pant leg pressed into the mud. Lola's face seemed to glow as she processed what was happening. Ivan held up a beautiful ring, no diamond, but rather a sapphire.
"Lola, my dear, I have loved you since the moment I saw you dancing in the market. The way you didn't have a care in the world caught my attention. From that day on, I fell deeply in love with the girl who would dance in the river. Lola, will you marry me?"
Tears began to form in her eyes. She quickly fell to her knees and hugged him tightly.
"Yes! Yes!! I will marry you, Ivan!"
The two embraced under the moonlight. Love filled the air, but was it love from the couple or only love from Lola? She would soon come to realize Ivan's true intentions and it would break everything they had built.

To be continued...