𝐋𝐞𝐨, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲𝐬

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 Polaris was greeted with, when she arrived home through the fireplace, was a hard, sturdy chest

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 Polaris was greeted with, when she arrived home through the fireplace, was a hard, sturdy chest. Muscly arms engulfed the Black heiress as she took her first step out of the burning green flames. The young woman was still too in shock and in grief to realize that the person hugging her was Charles. Her mind was still on Sirius and his death. On Bellatrix and the Dark Lord.

It was like the scene repeated in her head without a break. The way the spell hit her uncle in his chest, Bellatrix's cruel laugh, the way everything seemed to stop for just this moment. Her uncle's lifeless body falling into the veil. Harry's scream.

When Polaris didn't see that memory, it was Voldemort. His voice, the way he spoke, Bellatrix with him, the spells that went off every other second, Dumbledore finally arriving and taking over. Her Cruciatus Curse.

And Harry. Harry and the pain he had to be in now, Harry and the way his body twitched when Voldemort took over. Harry and how weak he seemed when the Dark Lord finally vanished from him. just Harry-

"Polaris," Molly's sad voice cracked her through her memories, "Polaris, sweetheart, are you Okay? Is Harry Okay?"

In that moment when Polaris stepped out of Charlie's arms and she took a look around she saw every person in the room staring at her.

"Sirius, he-" It was like she couldn't bring herself to say those words, "He was hit- Bellatrix got him." Polaris had tears in her eyes, her own voice monotone as she spoke, "Harry is at Dumbledore's office right now. He's talking to him, I believe."

"Polaris, what happened after you guys left?" Arthur asked gently though his voice held a sense of dominance, like he wouldn't let her go to her own room without one.

"We wanted to catch up to Bellatrix and we did but Voldemort was there too. Um- there was a fight and Dumbledore took over." Polaris felt her throat closing up and she knew she needed to leave now before she broke down. "I-I really need to get to my room now, so I'm sure you can read every little detail in the next few Daily Prophet's newspapers."

The woman didn't wait for a single second before she turned and numbly walked to her room. She felt like she couldn't think straight, walk or even breathe. Everything around her was too hot but too cold at the same time and it seemed to her like the room was spinning in ripples.

The knock on her door was loud but Polaris didn't hear it, a hand on her chest and the other on her wall as she tried to breathe.

When Polaris didn't respond, Charlie took that as a bad sign and went into her room. The sight he was met with was exactly that; Polaris' back turned to him, her one hand on the wall while she was slightly hunched over and her other hand close to her chest.

The man didn't think twice before approaching her slowly, one hand on her shoulder while she panted, tears welling in her eyes.

"Polaris, hey, slow your breathing." Charlie gently told her to calm her down. Her head raised slightly and Charlie's heart broke into little pieces as he saw the streaks of tears on her cheeks. "Here, breathe with me. In and out, there you go, good job, Polaris." Polaris breathed the way Charlie demonstrated and it did help calming her down.