Part 1

She hadn't planned for it, never anticipated falling in love. Especially not with her husband. Naked under the sheets, she gazed at him as if he were the most graceful sight she'd ever seen. It was as if her entire life depended on him as if closing her eyes would mean the end. Tears welled up when reality reminded her that she had expected more from life. Knowing she shouldn't have, as expectations have led to disappointment throughout her life, starting with her father.

"No, Anika, don't go there," she scolded herself.

Attempting to divert her attention, she tried to tear her eyes and heart away from her husband. She managed with her eyes, turning away as tears escaped from either side. She subdued her pain, reminding herself she had imagined enough in her head. Just as her stubborn heart began to convince her mind, a strong arm pulled her close to his chest. Their naked bodies met once again. Wiping away her tears quickly, she knew he was wide awake now. His possessive grip found its way to her breast while his other hand brushed her hair away, planting butterfly kisses.

As he traced his lips from her shoulder to the nape of her neck, she lost herself. It wasn't lovemaking; it was a forest of pleasure. Turning around abruptly, she hoped to meet his eyes, which she knew would be an ocean of need. That was the best part of the entire process. As expected, his eyes burned with desire, his lips contrasting in pink, and his messy hair, disheveled from earlier pleasure, added to the allure. His mouth didn't betray the evident need in her eyes. He pulled his hand from her back, tucking her hair behind her earlobe.

"Tired?" he asked suddenly, and for the first time, she was shocked. It wasn't sarcastic, and his bass tone hinted at a change of emotions. As a clinical psychology gold medalist, her logical brain sensed something different, but he had never used such a calm tone in their three months of marriage.

If asked about her relationship with her husband, she'd name it a "Midnight Affair," a passionate ride. From their first night, where she willingly gave him control, he made it clear he expected only physical intimacy. Despite his past baggage, she didn't dwell on it. Their nights were filled with pleasure cries. However, when she heard that bass tone, she knew how to respond.

"It's too unusual of you, Mr. Oberoi. What's with that tone? You sound like you're feeling pity for me," she spoke in her usual tone, keeping her inner emotions in check. His mouth twisted in her favor.

"So you are ready?" he asked. In the charged atmosphere, a new idea sparked suddenly, and she wanted to explore it.

"So pity of you for assuming things," she said, moving closer to his earlobe and biting it. He didn't jerk but instead pulled her closer.

"If you think you're using me for this sole purpose, don't forget, Mr. Oberoi, I am also using you for this sole purpose," she whispered, moving on top of him. She moved her lips towards his when he stayed still beneath her.

"And let me use you properly," she whispered in his ears, trailing her lips down from his lips to his chest. She felt his heart racing but he didn't stop her, and she continued toward his manhood.

"Anika," she heard his groan as she started. Initially struggling, she soon found the rhythm. His hands moved down, grabbing her head as she neared completion. There was a sudden jerk, and he pulled her up, changing the position. In seconds, he was inside her, thrusting deeply and fast. Before she could grasp the reason, a familiar warmth enveloped her. He didn't stop; the pace remained the same. Before she could comprehend, a familiar need built inside her. Her eyes blurred, trying to grab nearby cushions, only to find her hands enclosed with her husband. His mouth attacked hers, and in the throes of passion, she knew she must have bitten his lips when she climaxed. It made no difference as he pulled her tired, drained frame into his arms before drifting into a peaceful sleep. She was under his grip, his captive, and she loved it.