𝒫𝓉.1

03.07.2023

Dear Board Log,
It's day five of my adventure through America's east coast. I just left the Bahamas, my home, a couple of days ago, and with that am distancing myself from the North Atlantic Ocean on Lele Kawa, my beautiful old sailboat. She was passed on to me by my father who built it, with oak wood and three big majestic white sails. It was the last gift he gave to me after passing away. He was a very special person to me- he taught me everything I know about sailing, fishing, cooking and other island activities. Our bond was very strong, and we almost never fought. My mom didn't survive my birth, but my dad talked about her all the time and gave me pictures of her. And deep down I feel a part of her with me on this trip, I just know it. I carry a small seashell necklace around me that belonged to her.
The sea has been in great condition these days, and I'm hoping to see much more of that. I must say, I miss the Bahamas already, but I'm also quite sure that I won't regret this trip!! I can't wait to meet people from almost all of America! Honestly, I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for heavenly views, delicious beaches and warm and welcoming people who make excellent food. What I'm most excited for is Brazil, with their paradise beaches and Brazilians... it's always been my dream to go to Rio de Janeiro.
I don't really have any idea of how long this trip is gonna be, I just wanna enjoy the sea and its miracles and get to know everything there is on this side of the Atlantic. It has been my dream since I could think. Probably something my dad put in my head. I still miss him a lot, and I'm sure he would love what I'm doing.
I will update you every day on this log, whether it's where I am, or how the sea is treating me, I'll put it all in here. I plan to make some money on selling pictures postcards and art that I make in my little atelier that I built in next to my bedroom in the boat, and hope to be able to find enough food in the ocean.     Lele Kawa has one bedroom with my big bed, a room with my atelier and two other rooms, one for storage and another empty one that I don't quite know what to do with yet.
Cuba, ready or not, here I come!!

XOXO, Kai <3

----------------------------𑁍-------------------------———

Hey. Tysm for reading my first part!! I hope you enjoyed it, there is more to come!!
Do y'all prefer this format or should I also write like a normal story instead?? Lmk!!
XOXO, C 💋