Family Reunion

“Forneus?” The deity finally catched up with Narinder, noticing him approaching their friend. She was a well known seller in this area. She was an honest woman, with a voice as charming and inviting, as a gentle glow of a firefly on a summer evening. Instantly, a wave of questions splattered their mind. Forneus was just an ordinary person, absorbed with keeping her small business stable. Narinder had no interest in talking to her, at least that’s what The Lamb was convinced of. 

“I order you to listen to me, mortal!” He initiated a conversation with the feline woman. Despite all these days spent with his crown stolen, and being deprived of his powers, he still saw himself as a God. In his mind, the change was only temporary. Eventually, he would push The Lamb off of their throne, and regain control over the nexus and what’s next. And so, he seemed disoriented when instead of the woman bowing to him, ready to listen to his instructions with no resistance, she just sent him a confused stare, assuming he was out of his mind. 

“...Yes?” An awkward curve lifted her lips in response. 

Narinder took a deep breath, he was ready to speak his thoughts. Just when he was about to continue, he was interrupted by Aym and Baal finally matching their strides with the rest of the group. 

It took them a few seconds, but eventually, they noticed a familiar figure standing at the other side of the stand. Shock was painted on their faces in blue hues. It was their mother - Forneus. The smell of lilies on the table transported them back to their childhood. Their eyes became glimmering pools, reflecting the pain from the depths of their souls, like a mirror. Tears started falling down their cheeks.  

“Mother?...” Baal couldn't believe his eyes. It's been an eternity since he last saw her, it felt like a dream. 

“Aym, Baal…?” Uncertainty and disbelief radiated in her voice. It’s been so long since she last saw her sons, drops of sorrow fell down her face. Her sobs made it difficult to speak correctly. Until now; she believed she would never see them again, ever since The One Who Waits took them away from her embrace. All her worries seemed to be lifted off of her shoulders, after all these days, she could tuck herself to sleep peacefully, and hopefully escape the repeating nightmares. She invited them for a hug, she felt as if she finally found home after being lost in the depths of the sea.  “Oh sweethearts, I thought death has sang it's lullaby to you.”

Aym had to stop himself from telling her the truth right away. In fact; they perished. The frightening darkness did wrap around their lone souls; yet not for long. Their spirits got revived, and their bodies got reincarnated. They were grateful for a second chance at life, even if the side effects were miserable. But that was a topic for another conversation, on another day. She didn’t have to know everything right away.

“I love you, mom.”  Their voices beautifully harmonised. 

It was a moment that healed the long inflicted wounds in their souls. They felt like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly; vibrant, and more alive than ever. They were ready to spread their wings, finally living the life they were awaiting this whole time. Their lifes regained purpose, they were finally happy. 

Narinder inappropriately stared at them, as if he was waiting for Gods to break his curse. He yearned to ascend back into a deity. He was frozen in a moment, he stood there, like a fool he was. Meanwhile, The Lamb was piercing him with their murderous gaze, they were overflowing with seething anger. Narinder just deprived them of their two loyal devotees, without a warning. Now, all their plans were to be reorganised. 

“Ah, what a glorious move. Relieving me of those faithfull servants, I am eternally grateful.” They were about to snap into madness. In their minds, graphic images of Narinder’s creeping death flashed. 

“...” The absence of sound settled. The atmosphere tensed up, like a gathering storm. Narinder was getting ready for the eventual lightning, directing itself straight at him. There was no shelter from what was about to happen. He still believed he was untouched by fault, yet the deity’s actions were truly chaotic and unpredictable. 

The Lamb took a deep breath, letting their emotions evaporate from their body like smoke.  They were angry, but for once, they tried to control themselves. “Maybe, that's fate's wish. Their happiness finally blossoms, at the very least.” As much as they disdained not being in control, they held the twins close to their heart. They weren’t just followers for them, they were like their brothers. And so, they let them go. 

“Does that mean we finished our crusade?” Helob interfered with their conversation. He felt lost, as if he had to walk through a labyrinth. In Helob’s eyes, so far, their venture was as boring as watching the grass grow. He anticipated to finally do something interesting. 

“Yes.” They sighed, feeling defeated. They wished they had the strength in themselves to deny him.  

“It’s time for you to introduce me to your village then, I am thrilled.” 

Your godhood burned to ashes / Cult of the Lambजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें