♡|Yellow Diamond|♡

There is a bit of Halloween in this Christmas

●Modern Au

●Requested by a friend

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Pressing the red button with the white STOP wording printed in red on the bus, the familiar DING alerted the driver of the vehicle of the imminent request to stop. The bus traveled a few more meters before slowing down at a sign indicating that the stop is approaching. Once the doors opened you navigated through the crowd of people trying to get out before the driver decided you took too long and left again.

You never know how much patience an underpaid driver, who has coffee instead of blood due to exhausting shifts, has.

With the usual 'excuse me!' and 'Sorry!' you were finally able to breathe the cold November air. Placing your hands on your knees you took deep breaths fixing your scarf that had come untied. You couldn't stand taking public transportation, in some obscure way all the people in the city always had to take your bus. It's true that you could get a driving license since you had exceeded the minimum age, the problem was that being a broke college student the chances of buying a car were equal to -50%.

Checking that no pickpockets had stolen your little money (even if they had, the bus had already left by then) and noting with pleasure that you had everything, you headed towards the meeting place that you and your friends had planned. It's not very far away and in less than five minutes you could already spot the colorful heads of Green Diamond, Ruby and Sapphire.

"Yo guys!" turning at the sound of your voice, Green's expression immediately brightened and he nudged the other two pointing at you enthusiastically. "Here they are! I see ____!" Waving back, Ruby and Sapphire raised a gloved hand, their cheeks redder than yours and Green's, they must have been the first to arrive. "Are we all here?" Ruby asked looking around, you followed his gaze without taking even half a second to realize that a yellow head was indeed missing.

"Wait! What about-" you didn't even have time to finish the sentence and you felt two arms sneak around your waist before lifting you into the air. "Holy shit!" you cursed taken by surprised. "No swearing in public. We talked about it" the owner's voice was teasing as he put you down before resting his head on your shoulder even though you were more or less the same height. Blond hair like ripe wheat tickled your cheek as you huffed leaning back in his figure. "You scared me to death Yellow"

Yellow Diamond, aka your lover, "Hey Yellow, how come you're so late?" Sapphire asked raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms "Usually you're always the first to arrive" the older boy let out another laugh at his words. "Sorry guys. The bus I had taken had broken down and I had to run all the way around the city center in ten minutes"

"Ten minutes? I took the same route and it took me half an hour!" Ruby exclaimed, his eyes wide open as he tried to understand how that was even possible. With a smirk you crossed your arms over your boyfriend's that were still around your waist "It's not for nothing that the track coach begged him to join his team. He is super fricking fast!" you said openly showing how proud you were of the blonde boy behind you.

Who wouldn't be pround? Calm, sweet, kind, your lover was simply awesome!

Ruby groaned looking at Yellow's calm and totally composed expression, he didn't look like he'd been running halfway across town, his cheeks weren't even red! "Ugh, totally forgot about that" Green and Sapphire chuckled before starting to walk away "Come on lovebirds and Ruby. Let's go inside to the cinema it's freezing out here"

Taking his hands you stepped out of his grasp before following your friends into the warm structure. Inside the atmosphere was welcoming and festive, Christmas decorations hung from the walls while advertisements for the new caramel-flavoured popcorn appeared on the screens to keep with the Christmas theme. It was only November but the big corporations hadn't waited a second longer to start selling their products and making money from them.