Chapter 10 PART 1

Seonghwa's POV

The next morning, I was feeling well rested.

   Getting out of bed was the easiest thing for me to do, and I wasn't really looking at the clock, knowing that it was 5 AM. After years of waking up so early for chores, my body will still wake up at the usual time. Wiping the drool from the corners of my mouth, silently judging myself for being disgusting, I began my daily routine: stretching my back, my arms, and my legs.

I made my way to get the things that I need, I went to the luxurious bathroom to freshen up.

    Getting out of the bathroom after a couple of minutes, as I wasn't feeling up to relaxing in the bathtub. My mind was in a whirlwind, thinking about finding some sort of answers to anything. I just didn't know where to start, so coming to my mother's hometown seemed like the best option. I decided that exploring the town will bring me closer to my mother and maybe closer to an answer, she seemed to know the most about the curse.

    Searching through the wardrobe for new clothes, I found something suitable: a pair of joggers and a hoodie. And my cloak went on top of it, still abiding to the rule that the madame gave me.

Who would have thought that the madame could be right in something ?

    The clothes I wore the day before were all covered in sweat from walking and travelling, so I had them packed in a specific bag I brought for dirty clothes, hoping that I would find a place to clean them.

    I started checking if all my precious items were still heading, and was pleased with the thought that maybe, just maybe, the guy I met yesterday wasn't a nut job and that he was doing everything out of kindness.

Another thing to add: trust issues.

    A knock on the door brought my attention back to reality. I left the room and headed towards the door. From the peephole of the door, I peered to see who was knocking.

It was Yunho.

   I raised my eyebrow, in confusion. I had lived with people who preferred sleeping in instead of waking up early. Being the only early riser in my family, after my own mother, it surprised me that Yunho was also one, and he was already dressed in a suit. He really can serve them, which was good, his boss will be impressed.

Another knock and Yunho started talking to it.

"Seonghwa! It's me, Yunho, the guy you met yesterday".

    He started shouting like a lover who was misunderstood and wanted to serenade to get forgiveness. I was beyond embarrassed, as I didn't want the neighbouring customers to file complaints. So I was quick to open the door and great him before further damage could be done.

"Good morning, Yunho. Did you sleep well last night?"

    I wasn't able to confront him for his behaviour as he dragged to sight see the hotel. Yunho became my guide, explaining the history of the place, the different facilities that the hotels had to offer and where you could get the staff to help you. I admired the level of confidence and ease that the man was executing as if he had done it multiple times.

My stomach rumbled, breaking the speech Yunho was making.

    A small chuckle escaped from his lips and he directed me to the small restaurant within the hotel. He sat me down first, and like a gentleman, he pulled out the chair and then tucking it nicely once I sat down.

This man knew how to wine and dine.

    He sat down opposite me, he waved at the waiter, who came quickly with the menu. As I was scrolling with through the menu, displayed on a tablet showcasing the fanciness of the place, I was clearly struggling on what to order, as this was all the dishes had a foreign name to it. Yunho just ordered an American breakfast for the both of us, that what he told me right after, and the waiter took both of our menus before going.

We feel into a comfortable silence.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you cover your face?"

There it is, I was wondering when he would ask me that ?

"I didn't mean to be rude, my friends tend to tell me that I get too curious about things. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable".

His whole body sagged, and his head hung low as he was a kicked puppy.

    I was quick to reassure him that he had offended me, as I was getting a couple of looks from other customers at the other tables of the hotel, or maybe it could have been from my appearance. Once got him to cheer up and the breakfast arrived.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my plate.

    There were thick pancakes with a fluffy texture and a round appearance with maple syrup, the top decorated with strawberries, whipped cream and some nuts. At the side of the dish, there was bacon and eggs. The bacon was cooked to perfection: the outer part being crispy and still sizzling from the heat, and the inner part was soft enough to melt in your mouth. I could see the salt granules on top of it. And the eggs weren't disappointing either. They were cooked sunny-side-up. All of that served along with a fruit smoothie.

I took a bite, and I was blow away.

It's so nice when you get delicious s food without having to cook for it yourself.

A moan escaped my lips, and Yunho chuckled.

"Let's not make such noises, here, honey."

    My face turn red so fast, and I could feel the heat radiating from it. I was so glad that the hoodie was covering my face, or else I would have suffered from more teasing.

I cleared my throat, and answered the question.

"Well, I wear it because, my mother told me that I was getting a lot of skin problems because of the air particles. The cloak is made of a special material that allows less air to pass through, minimising the skin irritation and rashes that I kept getting "

    The word "mother" felt weirds against my mouth as I hadn't used that words in more than 5 years, especially once the madame had stated that she was not my mother and will never be. The sentence had stated a complex to make myself better at everything so that I could please the woman that my dad had married. That would have impressed my dad, so my dad wouldn't leave so much for business trips.

It never worked, and it only became a habit.  Until now.

Yunho nodded in understanding and went for another bite.

    I drank the smoothie made of berries, I guessed blueberries and raspberries, almond milk, and honey. My taste bud were screaming at me to never deny them from such a great drink.

"You like that?"

I nodded.

"I ask the staff to send some more to you later".

    Another comfortable silence feel as we both enjoyed our food. I was so glad that had such good company since I had arrived in the town.