GARDEN

you weren't interested in friendships, and you didn't talk much; you'd rather surround yourself with flowers than people. you enjoyed the calm plants brought you, and you enjoyed learning about them. it was that love that led you to sitting for hours with a book in your hands on the very plants you were so interested in. there were times your poor aunt would come home and find you curled up at the dining table, always having a book on top of your homework, sound asleep in a position that was never comfortable. she always scolded you after you woke.

your more favored flowers were the chrysanthemums; flowers that came in beautiful colors and a range of meanings. you loved the flower in general, but you (admittedly) obsessed over a specific, the red chrysanthemum. it was your favorite because, while you loved its beauty, you hated it just as much. it was odd how that made it your favorite, but you couldn't help but love something your mother loved. perhaps it was because she'd never given you anything remotely close to the love she held for her favorite flowers.

you spent hours focusing on a chrysanthemum from your mother's garden; since you were left to your aunt at eleven, it was the only thing that kept you present to reality. the red flower was the last thing you had of your mother since she left, the only thing she let you keep, and you refused to lose it. you spent years keeping it alive, until eventually, like all things, it could no longer live regardless of your care.

you never owned another chrysanthemum after that; your obsession with the one, only living as long as it had, refusing to have another since it just wasn't that one.

but you still favored the flower, even when you spent a majority of your time avoiding it altogether.

when you arrived at night raven college, you were often found in the rose maze at heartslabyul

when you arrived at night raven college, you were often found in the rose maze at heartslabyul. you were the one your dormmates turned to if they ever needed aid with the maze and the roses. and your housewarden respected your dedication to the flowers. but you eventually started to spend a majority of your time in the botanical garden after you noticed the rise in tension from your housewarden. you were still present for the roses in the garden, but you chose to steer away from the dorm as much as you could, not doing well under heavy tension.

your time at the botanical garden eventually gained you the duty of taking care of the garden, assigned to you by the headmage after professor crewel put in a good word as your club advisor. you liked working at the garden, being gentle in your care of the plants; always leaving your dorm early to pay a visit before you had to go to class before quickly making your way back when your classes were over.

being so attached to the garden led you to meeting the savanaclaw housewarden. ━you only knew your own housewarden, unaware of who the other housewardens were; many you didn't even know the name of. so, you had no idea who the housewarden of savanaclaw was until you met him at the botanical garden.

 so, you had no idea who the housewarden of savanaclaw was until you met him at the botanical garden