Chapter 1

PART I :
The Forest.

Rifle in hand, Coriolanus treads the forest in search of Lucy. She had found out about Coriolanus being the cause of his friend, Sejanus' hanging after conspiring with rebels. He would've gotten himself killed anyway. Coriolanus and Lucy were supposed to run away together. Now it was a hunt. He couldn't risk Lucy ratting him out in fear about his involvement of the Mayor's daughter's death.

"Lucy Gray? I just want to talk!" He calls. "We can work this out!" That was a lie.

__________________________________________

Lucy's point of view

He seems desperate to find me. I can't help but to fear my life. The man that's standing a few feets away from me isn't who I thought he was. I let out soft sobs. I had no idea if I could make it out alive.

"Lucy? I heard your crying." He says, knowing that it's me. "Please come out."

I hold my breath. I couldn't let him catch me.

I'm thinking of a better place to hide myself. I can't trust him now, that I know he had been lying to me.

I hear him calling my name once again. It sounded like he was going crazy."Lucy Gray? It's time you stop playing games, darling."
When he gets no respone, he starts shooting randomly with his rifle. "LUCY GRAAAYYY!"

I jump behind a very big rock, hoping to avoid his bullets, but it's no good: one of them hits my leg and it immediately starts bleeding.

I can hear him approaching. He isn't far away now. But I can't do anything. I surely can't walk.

"Lucy, come out please!" he shouts again, trying to sound calm.

I decide to try to drag myself on the ground and to reach one of the big trees, but it's too late, because he had already seen me.

The moment Coriolanus spots me, he shoots the rifle again. The bullet hits my shoulder, leaving me in a state of shock. My vision blurs and now I'm on the ground, crying in pain. Still carrying his rifle, Coriolanus approaches me and crouches down in front of myself.

"Lucy Gray. Why didn't you tell me about the plot against me?" he asks angrily.

I'm growling in pain "I told you you can trust me. Yet again you lied to me and I couldn't bare the fact that you still couldn't trust me. I love you, Coriolanus. but seeing you this way ... It hurts." I say, while tears being falling down my eyes. "If you really want me dead, just do it now. And do it as quick as possible." I say, while shutting my eyes scared of what's going to follow.

He hesitates, stares into my soul for a moment , then switches his gaze to the ground. "I can't kill you."

I open my eyes in horror."Right.. So what will you do then?" I scoff and raise my eyebrows.

The idea of him keeping me alive just so he can torture me suddenly crosses my mind, and all I can wish for in that moment is for him to end my life right there.

Coriolanus sighs, "I don't know. But you're coming with me."

He offers his hand to me.

"Take my hand." He says.

I put my hand in his and as I try to stand up, I soon realise I can't even stand on it. "Aghh- I can't.. walk" I say, while screaming in pain.

His face darkens. He frowns and reaches down to pick me up, effortlessly. He holds me against his chest as if I was a child.