03 - Vampire Without the Vampire?

It's thursday.

I'm already so worn out, it's like nothings working.

No one can sense any ounce of magic in me.

I'm starting to feel worthless, like it was an entire accident that I made it to this school, it feels lonely, and knowing today was vampire day made me feel even worse about myself.

I sigh, getting out of bed and putting on a tight dark blue skirt, which had a small slit on the side, with a white button up. I wore tights underneath, throwing on the only pair of shoes I had here. I go to the restroom and plug in my straightener, straightening the loose waves from my hair, and making it silky smooth. My hair has always been weirdly healthy, it always looked glossy even without treatment.

I put on my regular makeup, mascara, some concealer, and a little blush, adding a little faded wing with some eyeshadow.

"Who are you dressing up for?" Zaria giggles as she steps into the restroom, going through her drawer and pulling out a toothbrush.

"The glorious vampire," I say sarcastically.

She giggles and puts her toothbrush in her mouth, brushing her teeth.

"I'm going to head to class early, so I can get the awkward "hm you're new here," talk out of the way before anyone else gets there," I look at Zarias reflection from the mirror and she nods.

"Are you sure you know the way?" she says after spitting out the toothpaste.

"I'll manage," I shrug, heading to the kitchen and grabbing a donut Arella stole from the dining hall.

I walk down the steps of the dorm pulling out my phone to scroll through, instead of making awkward eye contact, when I get bumped into from behind me.

I just alarmingly turn, my mouth full, I cover it, "sorry."

"Walk faster," Cain says, walking beside me.

"Excuse me?" I swallow my donut.

"Why are you coming to vampire classes if you can survive off of donuts," he doesn't even look at me, his raspy voice and emotionless face feels cold.

"I dunno," I shrug, "ask Principal Muave."

"Maybe I will," he looks at me, his lips forming a straight line.

"Why are you even talking to me," I take the last bite of my donut, filling my mouth.

"Because," he simply says.

I finish chewing and I swallow, "because why?"

"Because you don't know the way to class," he raises a brow at me, finally some sort of facial expression.

"I do," I don't.

He stops in his place, "okay, Ivy."

He says my name, my heart flutters a little.

"Which way?" the hall ahead of us splits into two, it's obviously left.

"Left," I cross my arms, starting to walk in that direction.

"Lauren told you," he rolls his eyes.

"You're just mad I'm right," I smile up at him, confidently.

"You wish," he glares at me.

"So are you going to tell me what that was?" I blink at him.

"What what was?" he looks confused.

"Yesterday? The black magic you used on me?" I raise a brow back at him, "I thought all vampires did was suck blood."