|| 001 || Stella Darling ||

||CHAPTER 1||
||S T E L L A  D A R L I N G||

• • •

STELLA HARKER had a secret that only a few of the professors at Hogwarts knew about. Whilst she was a witch, she also had something else about her that made her even more powerful than the average witch at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her father, who will not be named, passed on a very peculiar trait to his daughter. One that gave her great abilities that seemed to come naturally to her. Her mentor and parental figure had taught her many things to help her improve her abilities and helped her learn how to control them from a young age. Because of Stella's strengths, she's been kept hidden for most of her life. Her mentor didn't want her father to find her as he might do unspeakable things to the poor girl.

Stella, now a bright and well-mannered 15-year-old, had been recruited by Professor Dumbledore, the Headmaster of Hogwarts. He tasked her to keep an eye out for anything peculiar around the school but more importantly, keep an eye out for Draco Malfoy. Dumbledore could feel something was off around the school and he knew something was wrong with Draco. Something dark and evil was lurking in the corridors of Hogwarts and whatever it was, Stella's could sense it too.

"Stella darling are you listening to me?" Professor McGonagall's voice rang. Stella's mind was wandering, thinking about all the things she was going to have to do. A lot was still unknown, and most she would have to figure out on her own but she was ready for the challenge.

"Mrs. Harker, are you paying attention?" McGonagall spoke once more, this time even louder than before finally catching Stella's attention.

"Sorry, Professor what did you say?" She said sweetly, glancing at the older woman.

"I was saying that you will be placed in the Slytherin house. Here are your robes and uniform," Professor McGonagall said as she handed Stella her clothes and ushered her out of the door.

"The girl's restroom is down the hall and to the right. Now hurry and go change, the rest of the students should be arriving for dinner any moment now." McGonagall said, hurrying her along. When Stella returned to Dumbledore's office, Professor McGonagall had her set her old clothes down and then rushed her off to The Great Hall.

Professor Snape met McGonagall and Stella at the entrance to the Great Hall. He gave Stella a small nod of acknowledgement, making her swallow hard at his intimidating glare. He brought Stella to the Slytherin table introducing her to his three prized Slytherins Lorenzo Berkshire, Blaise Zabini, and Draco Malfoy. The three seemed charming enough as they exchanged pleasantries. Blaise and Lorenzo were quick to stick their hands out for Stella to shake and almost immediately started a conversation, discussing their favorite classes and Quidditch teams. Meanwhile, Draco only offered her a small nod and remained silent, his piercing gaze fixed upon the table.

As they talked, Stella couldn't help but wonder about Draco. She was curious about the boy and his hobbies, his family, and what he was like when interacting with people at Hogwarts. She hoped he might open up to her, but his aloofness only made her more curious.

Suddenly, Blaise interrupted her thoughts by waving his hand in front of her face. "Earth to Stella," he teased. "You were zoned out there for a few minutes. Are you alright?"

Stella gently shook her head a few times before turning her attention to Blaise. "Sorry. I'm alright, just first-day jitters I guess."

Lorenzo chimed in, "It happens. No need to apologize." He reassured her as Blaise took a drink of his pumpkin juice and leaned in closer as if he was about to tell her his deepest, darkest secret.