"It was a mistake"

I answered the phone without even thinking, the worst mistake of my life. "Hey, Maude.." Aaron said, sounding all depressed on the phone. "Wow, you sound like shit' I responded with, "I just wanted to let you know that me and Satori broke up. I hope we can work things out and be like the couple we once were.." he responded with, ignoring my last remark. 'He can't be fucking serious' I think to myself. "yeah, that's never going to happen, Aaron. You hurt me so fucking bad and to cheat on me with my fucking little sister!" I say, raising my voice.

Sometimes, I need to remember what he's done. I wish I could have the old Aaron back and be like they were before, but that will never happen again. I have to accept that.

"Come on, babe, it was a fucking mistake. You're acting like you haven't made a mistake in your life." he scoffs. "Are you fucking serious?! You did it TWICE, Aaron TWICE. I forgave you the first time because you said the same thing. Realizing how immature I was, I'll never do that again; you fucking hurt me, and you kicked me out. I was couch-hopping for three months until I got back on my feet again. It's never going to happen, Aaron. Oh, and don't you ever call me "babe" again, dickhead." I yell before hanging up.

I never felt so alive after that. I also feel sad knowing that what me and Aaron had is over. I want to block his number so badly, but I can't bring myself to. It's like he still has a grip on me. God, why did I have to meet him?

I stare at his contact for a few minutes. "This can't be healthy... I just have to let him go."  I try to block his number, but I can't force myself to. Before I could think again, I got a message from  Ezra. "Oh, thank you, Ezzy, for saving me!" I say rather excitedly.

Ezzy

Ezzy: so.. I noticed you haven't followed Joe back yet

Me: erm..

Ezzy: Girl follow him back!!

Me: I'm nervous

Ezzy: do it for me <3

Me: making me wanna do it less

Ezzy: Fuck you

Me: JK, I will..

Ezzy: do it now. I'll be waiting *wink*

Me: OKAY DOIKG IT RN, pray for me pooks

Ezzy: praying 🙏🏽

{Maude's POV}

I open Instagram and search for Joe's account. Sure enough, he's following me. Why is this so scary? He probably won't even notice. I think to myself. "Don't overthink this, Maude; you always overthinking stuff," I tell myself.

I pressed follow back, and I think the world stopped moving or something because I had never felt so much anxiety but also excitement before. 14-year-old me would be flabbergasted and jealous.

Ezzy

Me: I DID IT

Ezzy: girl, I don't believe you im bout to go check

Me: Fine go check teehee

Ezzy: OMGGG

Me: see 🤪

Ezzy: I didn't believe you because your ass is always lying smh