Chapter 2: New Friend

Hestia and her best friend Danielle are in the Library after school.

Danielle: I can't believe you're related to a Goddess!

Hestia shooshes her.

I'm not. She's just an ancestor that goes way way way back.

Danielle: You still have her bloodline in you. And you are going to be a Goddess too.

Hestia: Im not instantly royalty just because of my ancestors. That's not how it works.

Danielle: Than how?

Hestia: I'm not sure yet. My dad says he doesn't even know what it means for me.

The new guy; Andrew Hecate overhears the conversation.

You are the only naturally born Female to the Bastet Alpha Tribe. And only the 10th Female to be born into to any of the Bastet Tribes. Most of the females are married into it. It's because Bastet; our Goddess created male warriors to fight and defend her Castle and protect her Mortal lover. So that initially decreased the chances of Females being born into the Bastet Legacy by blood and not marriage.

Hestia: But my mom was a mortal. Wouldn't that rule me out for the family legacy.

Andrew: Your moms father was part of the Bastet Gamma Tribe. And so was her mother. And your fathers parents both are part of the Alpha Tribe.

So that makes you a full blood; even though your mom barely had any Gamma Tribe in her due to her being shunned for marrying outside of the Gamma Tribe. And your father was shunned; for marrying your mother; however, Bastet started her Legacy with males; so your father still has Pure Alpha Blood in him. He just isn't able to be an active member of thr Tribe.

Hestia: that's a lot of information in 30 seconds.

Andrew: I'm sorry. But I'm just excited to find someone who's part of the Alpha Tribe too.

Hestia: I'm sorry I don't know what to say.

Danielle: I do! Holy hell you ARE Royalty.

Andrew: Bastets Tribes don't recognize Royalty Ranks. We all have different responsibilities and different perks for being part of Bastets Legacy.

Hestia: So that means the Alpha Tribe has more responsibilities since Bastet fashioned us first and in memory of Ptah.

Andrew: That's correct. We also have the best perks. (He winks at her.)

Andrew: Like throwing parties once every 3 months for all the hard work we do.

He slides an envelope toward Hestia.

She looks down at the Foil Embossed stamp.

Hestia: That's my grandfathers face!

Andrew: Yes it is. Your grandfather was the most generous and loyal we've ever had in the Alpha Tribe. So we made mailing stamps in honor of him.

Hestia: That's awesome. But he's not dead. He's just in Barbados repairing his relationship with my grandmother.

Andrew: I know. But it's never too early to celebrate a cherished member of the tribe.