Chapter 16: The Team

"Where am I?" Agent Coulson asks. He lifts his hands, only to find himself tied to a chair. "What is this?" He is the first to wake up.

"Sorry, Agent, it's just a precaution," I assure him. "We didn't want any of the more dangerous folks to smash anything." This feels totally unreal. I get to talk about superheroes as if it is totally normal... I get to even be one!

The commotion wakes Barbara Gordon. "What am I doing here?" She asks. "Why am I restrained?"

Barry pulls me aside, just as I'm about to explain. "Why don't we untie the less dangerous people as they wake up and explain all at once?"

"Good plan," I reply and go to untie Batgirl. Barry, concealed by his mask, unties Coulson. Not to say that they aren't dangerous, but Barry and I trust that they have a little more control and restraint to wait until they can find out the situation.

I'm also in my suit. I go to untie Batgirl and the rest of the crew as they wake up.

I untie this one kid who immediately gets up and zooms around like a blur. I chase him and realize it's Bart. Silly kid. I smile.

Every superhero, from every world, everyone I thought to be fictional, is all here meeting in one reality.