Chapter VIII

I woke up due to my dry throat. That is the reason why I was standing before the TV, holding a glass of water.

Whenever the Games are taking place my father doesn't turn the TV off, in case the Capitol monitors if we really watch it.

The moon was illuminating the stones, and the stiff body of Marcus when someone approached him.

His silhouette didn't seem like one of the tributes, but I couldn't take a better look, because the picture was getting darker with every second and finally the connection broke.

Was there something that we weren't supposed to see?

I narrowed my brows, looking for a while at the black screen, before quickly grabbing loose pants and a shirt.

I ran as fast I could towards the coloseum which wasn't that far away from my home.

I had to be sure, that my mind was just playimg games with me.

That figure.

It wasn't Sejanus, was it?

Even thoguh I should be scared for myself, running through the empty, dark streets all I feard for was Sejanus life.

How could somoeone be so stupid, to go on his own free will into the arena? Was the bombing too litle for him?

Does he want to die?

I stopped abruplty, when I could see the coloseum from afar. I layed my hands on my legs, taking shallow short breaths.

The sweat from my forhead was slowly flowing on my cheeks, and later on chin.

"Just a little bit" I gasped to myself, trying to see anything that could help me note the situation.

Were there guards already there to escort him? Or was there somewhere a black bag, so that no one could see the body of the young Plinth?

I took carefully one step forward, seeing how cars pulled there. Another one, when someone got out and went towards the entanrance. The next step led me to the wall, from where I could observe everything without being caught.

Why did I had to rush here?

I laughed at myself under my nose. I wasn't even sure that it was him, but here I was. Standing with my face hugging the bricks, feeling the tension that only wanished when two silhouetts came out from there.

Everything unraveled quikcly. They went into black cars that soon enough drove past me, leaving me as an unwanted vitness.

Whatever they will say about the interruption in the recording of the Hunger Games it will be a lie.

~*~

Coriolanus and Sejanus seemed quite on edge.

The brown haired boy would say things to Snow who seemed rather irritated by it.

"Well something must've happened, and that is what they are trying to hide. I dbout he smacked himself to death." Cindy started to complain at the corridor so loudly so that everyone could hear her.

"I mean, did you see the drones? If they are malfunctioning, why can't the cameras?" Coriolanus asked rethoricaly, his hand touching his shoulder.

"What isn't malfunctioning?" Sejanus added which made me almost sure, that he was at the coloseum, and somehow Snow saved him.

That would explain their weird behaviour.

I punched myself in the face in my imagination, punishing myself for those thoughts.

After all I had no proof, and my assumptions were only based on boy hormones which they expeled and my sleepy eyesight.

"Maybe you are right." Cindy gritted through her teeth, walking away.

Some of her freinds went after her, while some took place alongside other participating mentors.

"Suspicous, that every camera was malfunctioning." By saying that I looked at Sejanus who was dumbfounded. Even Coriolanus seemed to be wary of me.

"If you don't belive it, maybe write a petition to Doctor Gaul?" He glanced at me with his cold like ice eyes, sending shivers down my spine.

I couldn't say what, but something seemed off with him. Well, the same could be said about Sejanus.

He seemed normal, but his fingertips were the oposite of still. He always did that when he was nervous.

"Maybe I will ask her, what you did yesterday when the connection broke off?" I had to bluff in order to see their reactions, but it was worth it.

The Plinth tensed up, bitting his lower lip.

"How-"

"Do it." Snow butted in, warning Plinth by descreetly shaking his head. "But I wanna see how she laughs at you and your stupid idea."

"She isn't stupid."

"Why doesn't this surprise me?" The blonde boy sighed, but a fake smile appeared on his face when he saw people approach.

"I have to go." With that said, he went back to his duties as a mentor, and started praying for his little songbird.

"[Y/N], whatever you are talking about, better stop it, before someone overhears it." He grabbed my shoulders, worry beaming from his eyes.

"Or what?"

His grip fastened as he made his lips into a thin line.

"I don't want to know. But it is dangerous, so please, don't play with fire. I don't want to loose you." He whispered the last part.

His pupils got bigger as we exchanged glanec, a small smile appearing on his face.

But the plesantry wasn't on my side.

"And it's okay for me to lose you? For you to endager yourself?!" As I got more angry with every word, he pulled me close.

My cheeks were flushed with a pink shade.

It was the first time he hugged me. And I gave me false hopes. That something could really happen between us.

"I'm sorry [Y/N]. I wasn't thinking straight. I... I..."

"I am just glad that you are safe." I muttered to his ear, reciprocating his hug.