ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

..        Metal clanged around the small room as it rose up like in an elevator. Two people were in the small room with boxes and a cage with a blanket draped over it. A blonde girl who looked at least 11 years old. An older boy with shaggy blonde hair who was skinny and looked around 13 years old.

The girl's eyes fluttered open slowly, her eyelashes were long and elegant. She propped herself on her shoulders looking around. She noticed the boy next to her. She looked at him, recognising him but not knowing his name. Memories fluttered through her mind, slowly disappearing. She tried to hold onto any memories that was there but they all just slipped.

'Eloise' she remembered that was her name but it became fuzzy. She moved onto her hands and knees gasping for air trying to hold on to her name.
'Eloi' 'El' she made a confused face.

'What am I thinking'  she thought as all memories or names disappeared from her mind. She looked around confused and saw the boy again. She knew him but not his name, she knew that he was her brother. The boy had sat upright gasping for air and looked around.

He was older than she was or at least that was what she thought. The boy had spotted the young girl and was looking around confused to why they were in this box and why there was crates and a cage. The boy scrambled to his feet starting to shout.

"Help!" The blonde boy shouted banging on the box walls. The young girl watched him, then looked up at the ceiling. This wasn't a box it was an elevator. The top was drawing in and the girl squeezed her eyes shut with her knees to her chest.

The boy must have noticed because he had stumbled over to her and sat beside her. He remembered her as-well just not her name. He put his arm around her and held her close, protecting her. As they got closer to the top they both hugged each other scared. The metal around them clanged and banged against everything. A loud ringing erupted as they made it to the top.

The pair looked at each other then looked up noticing that they didn't die when colliding with the top. The girl sighed and hugged her knees tighter. As the boy hugged her closer as two doors above them opened, a bright light shined through into the pairs eyes. They both covered their eyes sweating slightly. The crate doors opened and a boy jumped down.

The boy was muscular, bald and had darker skin than the pair that were sat on the floor. He looked shocked as he noticed the pair. He looked out of the box and so did the girl. She noticed maybe five boys watching her and her brother who was sat next to her. They both looked back at the coloured boy who spoke up.

"Umm, guys... there's two and one's a... girl" He spoke, sounding confused, the five boys above them looked shocked, whispers erupted.

"What do you mean?" A male voice came from above. The coloured boy looked up again.

"I mean what I said" He said sternly. He looked back at the pair and got down to their level, kneeling in front of them. He smiled at them sweetly.

"Hey, you guys are okay, come on let's get you both out of here" He said and held out his hand offering it to the girl. She looked at her brother before taking it. Her brother followed. The five boys who were out of the box were looking at the girl shocked.

Two boys pulled her out and then her brother. She stood up and looked around seeing large, grey walls surrounding her and the others. They were in a massive field. The walls had ivy hanging from about half way up.

"Where are we?" She whispered, her voice was soft and sweet. She noticed a forest and huts around. She looked at her brother as he circled around looking everywhere. The five other boys looked at least a year older than her, she was the only girl and probably the youngest.

"Welcome to the glade, greenies" The coloured boy said, putting a hand on their shoulders. The girl spun around to look at him with a confused look planted on her face.

"The what?" She asked confused looking at the boy. He smiled and shook his head.

"The Glade. I'm Alby, I run the Glade. Do you remember anything? Your names?" The boy who seemed to be called Alby asked the siblings. The girl looked down thinking hard and shook her head, not remembering anything. Her brother did the same.

"Thats alright. Your names will come back to you soon" Alby told them. The girl nodded as the boy looked around. The girl had a lot of questions but bit the side of her cheek to hold them back.

"Okay, back to work you guys, I'll give our new Greenies a tour" Alby said and the other boys walked away. Alby began walking off and the siblings jogged after him as he had a fast stride. Alby walked over to a tower and began climbing. Halfway up a ladder he looked down at the siblings.

"Come on. Hope you guys aren't afraid of heights" Alby chuckled and continued climbing. The siblings looked at each other and the girl walked over and began climbing. Once they were all at the top they had a great view of the Glade. Alby explained all the rules and it came to the last.

"Never go beyond these walls, they are only for runners and you aren't. Got it?" Alby warned. The pair nodded at him. The girl turned her attention to the edge of the Glade looking out to the Maze.

'Edge' she thought, it sounded familiar to something.
'E' she thought. What could that mean.

"El... Eloise" She whispered to herself. The blonde boy noticed and looked at her.

"What did you say?" He asked his sister. She looked at him surprised.

"I remember my name" She smiled chuckling slightly. The two boys looked at her confused.

"What is it?" Alby asked smiling at her.

"Eloise" She smiled back. Her brother smiled.

"How come my little sister remembers her name before me?" Her big brother chuckled, ruffling her hair slightly making her laugh. Alby looked at them both confused.

"You two are siblings?" Alby asked looking between the two. They both nodded.
"How do you know?" Alby asked again and the two shrugged.

"It's the only thing I could remember" Eloise said and looked at her brother who nodded. Alby smiled and nodded at the two slowly.

"Well, you have extended family now, here in the Glade" Alby smiled and they finished the tour.

__________________________________

ℛℯ𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝑔𝓊𝓎𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓀ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈
ℐ 𝓉𝓇𝒾ℯ𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝒷ℯ𝓈𝓉
𝒫𝓁ℯ𝒶𝓈ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓂𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓋ℴ𝓉ℯ 𝓍𝓍