Forgive to forget?

( I'm writing this in school rn, b a h a. This book is getting pretty popular and I wanna fill up to my promise so as promised i'll push past my lack of motivation and finish volume 4 of the Mandela Catalogue swapped. Thanks for being patient :] )

January 15th 2009

Bythrone county 8:20 Pm, Evelin's house

3rd person pov

Evelin got snapped out of thought at the sound of her computer getting a notification...Seems like Jonah texted her...She'd be more eager to talk with friends considering how stressed she's been with everything. But after finding out it was Jonah her shoulders relax and she sighs...He was probably only texting her to tell her the progress of the investigation him and Adam were having. She opens the dms between her and Jonah and sees a set of words that sets off her nerves.

JonahMarshall: Back from the investigation with Adam. Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Good news or bad news? She knew that hunting after alternates was already bad news but usually that's not how Jonah would see it...He sees nothing as bad news... She starts typing back. She realized her hands were slightly shaking...Possibly out of anger? Fear? Worry?

Evelin: What is it...?

It took a while for Jonah to respond as she waited. She goes to check her other messages with other people as she waits for the now slow typer to respond. She seen that Sarah texted her about Jonah, saying that he's still acting strange and that she tried messaging him yet he didn't respond yet...That raised Evelin's suspicions even more considering Jonah seen Sarah like an annoying caring mother, and because of this, he purposefully wanted to say things to hurt her feelings...

That attitude he had sprung out of nowhere and it stayed with him...It annoyed Adam and Evelin a lot yet Sarah still tried reasoning with him like he was just misguided. Maybe so, yet until he proves he wants to get on the right path Evelin didn't plan on having any extra conversations with him...Well...Besides business related things.

Finally a notification showed up on the bottom right of Evelin's screen. Her eyes had already skimmed through the words...And the words were not right at all...'Alternate...Adam...Died?!' She immediately went to the direct messages with Jonah and read out the message to get more context. Maybe Jonah  was just making a comment about how Adam thought he'd get himself killed by engaging with these alternates...Must be..

JonahMarshall: Me and Adam found an alternate in the house, I went into the basement and Adam left like a pussy. Yet when I came out the house I seen the van and Adam on the side of the snow...I think he may be dead, Idk.

He thinks he might be?! It's either 'He's dead' or 'He's injured' He's treating this like it's a simple situation that can be laughed or passed off. Her fingers got to typing like they never have before. 

Evelin: What did you do with the body? Did you call the cops...?

JonahMarshall: I...Just left it there...

Evelin: What do you mean you just left it there?! Why would you just leave it there?!

JonahMarshall: Didn't think it was that important if the cops just pass of everything here...There barely is a police force Evelin. At least I got some good footage

Evelin: I don't give a damn about the footage, Jonah. Eventually people are gonna get suspicious about what happened to Jonah. It's best we make a video addressing the problem..

JonahMarshall: We? No. I think you mean YOU.

Evelin: No, I don't mean me. I could just make you do it since you don't seem to give a shit about Adam. You know what, that's what i'll make you do. Maybe you'll grow a bit more humanity by making this in dedication of Adam. And if you half ass this I swear to god