Chapter 6

As school ends, the group of four students leave with their worries pushed aside. They were making their way to the new aquarium, which just opened today. Because the aquarium just opened that day, there was no entrance fee. The group saw a lot of their classmates coming in as well. As they walk into the building, Amane's eyes light up right away.

"Wow..."

Nene squeals, looking around everywhere, excited to see what they're going to do first. "This place is so pretty! Ohhh my gosh! There's the spot where you pet the stingrays!!"

"WHERE?!" Mitsuba whips his head around to where the girl is looking.

Kou chuckles and points at the stingray entrance. "Over there! We should check that out first!" Before Kou could say anything else, Mitsuba was already booking it toward the entrance. "H-Hey! Slow down, Mitsuba!!"

While Kou tries to chase the pink boy, the other two follow them slowly. Amane gently takes Yashiro's hand out of nervousness.

"The stingrays won't bite me, right...?"

Nene giggles, a small hint of pink tinting her cheeks. "No, they won't! They're gentle toward humans, as long as you don't startle them. They wouldn't be one of the most popular things to pet if they were biting people, right?"

Amane scratches the back of his neck and chuckles. "Hehe... That's very true."

"All you have to do is stick your hand in the opening they provide, and the stingrays would usually swim by, so you'd have to be quick! I'm sure that they have horseshoe crabs too." Yashiro catches up with Kou and Mitsuba, standing behind them before they make a clearing so that she and Amane can see. "There's a lot of people here..."

Kou sticks his hand in the water as a stingray passes by. "Well, it is their opening day. They're basically letting people in for free."

While everyone's hands move around the water, a stingray brushes up against Amane's hand, making him gasp. He mumbles a little 'cute' as more swims by.

"Ahh, did you touch one? Lemme see!" Nene leans forward, brushing up against Amane's arm as she reaches into the tank. A horseshoe crab crawls by, stopping for a moment as Nene pets it. She has a wide smile across her face as her eyes light up.

'She's adorable...' Amane thinks to himself. Seeing Yashiro happy made him happy. Being somewhere brand new with her made his day even better. He had completely forgotten about what happened earlier, and so did Yashiro.

The dark-haired boy watches Nene pet the horseshoe crab with a smile. "I think it likes you."

Mitsuba looks down at the horseshoe crab in disgust. "Ew, Radish-Chan! Why can't you pet something cute, like the stingrays?!"

Yashiro just shakes her head, ignoring the sassy pink boy's rude comments. She looks over when she hears splashing noises, squealing as she sees Kou petting a very happy stingray splashing against the wall of the tank.

"Wow, Kou, that stingray loooooves you!" Mitsuba laughs softly, ruffling the blonde's hair.

"It really does!" Kou smiles, wrapping his open arm around the other boy's waist. He then looks over at Yashiro and Amane. "If you guys want to look around, go ahead. Just meet us at the entrance when you're done!"

"Ah, okay Kou-Kun! Amane, do you want to look around?" The girl asks.

Amane isn't even paying attention. His hand is still in the water, waiting for another stingray to brush up against it.

Yashiro waves her hand in front of the boy's face in order to get his attention. "Amaneeee?"

He blinks and looks up from the tank at Nene. "O-Oh! Sure, Nene!"