Useless

Faster, faster, faster. Did Boomer even know where he was going? Well, not really.

He had already looked for Butch and Brick for eternity. That's why he had sped up, of course. It would make finding them go faster, right? But he was getting tired.

He had only turned his back for a second and they had disappeared on him. He hated it when his brothers played these kinds of games. Though, maybe if he had stayed put, they would have found him by now when they got bored of their game.

At this sudden epiphany Boomer stopped in midflight and blinked.

He put his hand to his chin.

"Hmm..."

This was a tough one.

He hated it when the other two weren't around. It was so hard to figure stuff like this out. That was what Brick was for.

Pssw!!!

"Huh?"

Zap!

He was struck. As much as it surprised him, he had not been much hurt. Quickly before slamming into the ground, he saw from whom the blast had come.

Those silhouettes could be made out anywhere hovering in the darkening sky.

"They did find me!" he gasped.

Kicking off a building, and leaving a crumbling mark, he zipped right up towards them.

"Hey guys! Wait up!"

He was expecting some yelling and maybe some whopping from Brick, and definitely some mocking from Butch, but he was ready for it all with outstretched arms. He had been so lonely since they had disappeared he was not even ashamed of how desperate he was to be with them again. He laughed to prove it, but suddenly it occurred to him that something was not right about them.

They were very stiff. They were silvery! They didn't speak. and it was far more silent than any silent treatment.

"Guys?" he asked.

The forms turned. Glow pierced from their eyes, which were the only things on them with color. The funny thing was that that color was neither green nor red but intense electric purple.

He blinked. Robots? His brothers had turned into robots?

Their laser eyes fired again.

"Wah! Hey!"

He had no time to think about the situation. Just as he even attempted to get into a fighting position, the one that looked like Butch swung out his arm and socked Boomer in the stomach.

Oh! Did that hurt— way more than anything Brick usually dished out.

He fell again with the wind quite knocked out of him. He nearly fainted on the way down, but when he hit the ground, it was not over just yet.

Moaning, he blinked shakily up into the colorful lights of the city. The traffic honked all around the crater he had made. Stupid traffic. Stupid lights.

"Huh?" he croaked as the silhouettes of the bots returned to his vision.

Had he really hit his head that hard or were they multiplying?

He gasped. At least six, maybe more— he couldn't do math that fast in his head— of those bots swarmed, and he quivered in fright. Their purple-ish glowing eyes glowed brighter. They were going to fire again!

With a cry, Boomer darted like a fly just escaping the swatter in the nick of time. The bruise-colored explosion ended up behind him instead of consuming him, and now he really was flying fast— faster than he probably ever had before. At least that was how he felt. Faster and faster and faster— this way and that. Round corners and through window and out walls, it would have been fun if it wasn't so unnerving.