The Sand

The next day the group made it to the Sand and they went inside once the guards realized who was standing in front of them. "Stay with me kids. Right now we should assume they are our enemy still until talks are done." The genin all nodded and so Team Seven made it to where the Kazekage's office. Once inside they were greeted by the man who acted as the Sand's Genin sensei. "What does the Dragon Shinobi want with us?" Shadow explained why he's here which surprised the adult. "But we attacked your village?" Shadow waved his hand. "Yes you did under orders from a man who hates the Leaf. We want compensation but the higher ups agreed with me. We want to keep our treaty with you but with different terms." Shadow had everyone else go explore the Sand while he talked about the treaty. "Why do you want our jinchuriki Shadow?" Shadow looked at the Sand higher ups. "Because I want to help him. I can tell the seal on him is causing both him and the Tanuki inside him a great deal of pain. Plus think of it as a way to make up for the attack. Show the world that the Leaf is willing to forgive and forge a future together. Yesterday's enemies are today's friends is something I firmly believe in. So please let me meet him." The man and the higher ups talked it through then they summoned the Sand's Jinchuriki. When the boy came into the room I saw he also had his siblings with him. "Hello young man I am Shadow Otsutsuki. You might've noticed me in the Leaf during the Exams a few days ago?" The older two tensed up but I just waved my hand. "I want to help you and the Tanuki within you. Come here for a moment please." The redhead named Gaara walked to me and I noticed the seal's state so I fixed it before telling asking the Tanuki to stay with Gaara for a bit longer. "How did you do that?" Gaara looked at Shadow who smiled. "I was the one who created the basis for the seals used on the Jinchuriki plus with my special eye I can see a lot. Now I wanted to ask you three a question. Would you be willing to come with me to the Leaf? I want to show the world the Leaf is serious about maintaining its friendships and besides I have some people who'd like to meet you especially Gaara. You don't need to answer me today but my group is returning home in three days. I'd like an answer then alright?" Shadow bids them goodbye before walking to where Malakai and Kurama were waiting for the adult. "So you think they'll come?" Shadow shrugged before looking at the foxes. "Who knows really we did just get into a fight to the death with them a few days ago. Minato didn't want to take the chance that someone else might come in and try to have the Sand attempt something like that again. Besides If they don't want to come our real objective was to have the Sand see we don't hold them at fault for the attack. That I believe we accomplished." The two foxes decided to trust their friend and so they met up with the group to go sight seeing. The civilians all greeted the group like they were long lost friends which Shadow was grateful for. It proves to him that Hagoromo and his dream wasn't dead. "Hey aren't you the Dragon Shinobi? The one they say has lived since the beginning of time?" Shadow stopped when a few of the sand ninja walk up to him and he rubbed his head when Shadow noticed the attention he was getting. "Uh yes I am can I help you two kids?" The two suddenly pulled out a kunai. "C could you sign this for us please?" Shadow blinked a few times while the others giggled. "Look Shadow your famous!" Shadow looked at Naruto who was grinning like a dork. "Uh sure do you want me to sign it to someone specifically?" The ninja just wanted his signature so he signed it and the two thanked him before running off. "Get use to that Shadow. Because the more you venture out of the Leaf to her allies the more that will happen." Shadow sighed hearing Kakashi. As Kakashi predicted a few more of the Sand shinobi came up for his autograph and after a few hours the group retired to an inn. "Hey Maki how you liking the Sand so far?" Shadow's question made the younger Otsutsuki jump and he looked at his older brother. "I like it the warm air and sand feel nice. Not saying I don't like the Leaf but I prefer the desert." Shadow nodded with a small smile. "Good I'm glad to hear that. I know it's a lot to take in but I'm happy you agreed to come with us." Maki saw the other members of Team Seven nod in agreement. "Why though?" Shadow looked at Maki who seemed to be struggling with something. "I was an enemy why are you guys ok with me so easily?" Shadow blinked before sighing and he got closer to Maki before pulling him into a hug. "Because we are family and you have been working so hard to be one of us." Maki was stunned by the hug so he didn't reply right away. "Besides you are Naruto's brother I can't let you go now can I?" When Shadow let Maki go the man looked at Naruto who was smiling like a dork. "What kind of god father would I be if I upset my god son?" Maki felt another hug and he looked down to see Naruto hugging him. "Yea your my big bro now Maki! So forget about the past ok?" Maki smiled then hugged Naruto. "Sorry I am so dumb Naruto." Maki heard Naruto giggle. "Nah your just learning its alright!" Maki saw the others smiling, well Sasuke had a smirk, and he smiled back. "Alright let's goto bed guys I'm tired." The team went to their own rooms and they all quickly fell asleep.