SEVENTEEN

XVII.
SOTC: i lied again - buffchick

- irl, social media -

irl

    "get your paws off my fucking fries! i see you chris!" josie shouts from the kitchen as she fills up her water.

     he stuffs three more into his mouth and scrambles to put them back, smug in his supposed success. she knocks him upside the head as she walks by, and he groans.

    "i didn't even take any!" chris lies.

    nick pulls his meal closer to himself, as he's sitting right beside the food-stealing culprit. "don't even try that shit with me. i'll kill you."

    "you think that you could kill me? get real."

    "wanna try it out?" he challenges.

"nope, no more of that!" ruby interjects, waving her hand like she's holding a white flag.

josephine plops back down beside her, snatching the carton of fries back off of the coffee table.

"honestly, you deserve to be murked. you literally have your own shit." she grumbles.

    chris frowns animatedly. "i finished mine in the car."

    "always so greedy." josie throws one at him. it smacks against his shoulder, and he picks it up and tosses it into his mouth.

    ruby can hear matt coming back down the stairs, so she turns and peers over the couch. he's got clothes in his hand, which she somehow already knows are for her.

    she's the only one who didn't have anything to change into, because jo had found some stuff in her car. and of course, he disappeared upstairs once they got inside to bring her his stuff.

    "here. get comfortable." matt hands the clothes to her.

ruby takes them, trying not to act too stunned. "oh, thanks matt."

"yup."

then he goes and sits down like normal, and chris immediately asks him if he has any food left.

    "no, dumbass. i already let you finish my burger."

she takes her leave as they fight and heads to the bathroom, closing the door quietly. then she lets out a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

    ruby sets the items down on the counter and strips out of her dirty clothes, reaching for the sweatpants he'd given her. they fit her quite nicely, and so does the worn black hoodie, both of which smell like him.

    she gazes at herself in the mirror, trying to fight the smile tugging at her lips. it's just too cute. ruby decides that she might just keep them both, if she can manage to sneak it by matt.

    when she re-approaches the living room, chris looks like he's about to pass out, head lolled back on the pillows as his eyes flutter.

"dude, go to bed." nick prompts him.

"can't move. food coma."

"well nobody is gonna carry you, so figure it out." he says, collecting some of the trash to go throw it in the garbage.

ruby helps, grabbing empty bags and cups and tossing them into the can. when she walks back, chris is finally on his feet, trudging toward the stairs sleepily.