Odin's Finger

Chad's grandmother just died. He's coming over on Saturday and we're going to hangout. I'll try to Cheer him up, but I'm not doing so well myself.

I've been working for the local news network, working my ass trying to break into broadcasting, and I'm getting nowhere.

I did meet Abby. She's been acting in you're run of the mill crappy Canadian TV shows. This woman never makes a mistake. Ever scene she can do in one take. She's going places, and I'm certain she'll be going without me.

Chad comes over and he's as melancholic as Chad gets, but I'm the one who's acting like his grandmother just died.

We're both sitting in front of my computer, and he turns to me and says: "I mean she lived to 95. She had a hard life, but for the last five years she's just been dancing on the graves of anyone who ever screwed her over."

He's just come from the reading of her will. She left him some old Scandinavian piece of jewelry or something.

All I really want to do is smoke a ton of pot and stop thinking about work and Abby. I haven't smoked in five years.

"My grandmother called this thing Odin's Finger, it's supposed to bring my family good luck."

"Oh", I remark. Chad catches on that I'm feigning interest.

"Dude, I wish I knew what you were thinking about. You've been so distant lately.

The jewelry starts screaming and we watch in horror as it borrows itself into his skin.