Deal

As she looked up into his piercing eyes, her heart began to race. The leader of the mountain warriors was quite possibly the most handsome man the princess had ever seen. However, that didn't mean that she wanted to marry him.

"Let me go!"

His strength was shocking as he didn't move an inch despite her struggling.

"Calm down, Princess."

"I don't want to marry you!"

"I have no intention of marrying you."

It took a moment for his words to process, and she stopped struggling.

"What? But you made a deal with my father."

"Why would I want to make a deal with a man who sells his own daughter?"

"Then why did you call me your wife."

"That's why you're here, isn't it? To be my wife."

"Not by choice."

"Precisely. I won't force you to marry me. An alliance with your father doesn't benefit me that much."

"Then why did you agree? Why am I here?"

San stared at her for a moment.

"Aren't you happy to be away from there? From him? Your reputation precedes you, Princess, and your display just now didn't disappoint."

"Is that so? You should see me on a day I haven't been drugged."

San frowned.

"They drugged you?"

"I told you I'm not here willingly."

"Yet you want to go back to that place."

"I - I... Where else am I meant to go?"

"For now, you'll be staying here. While your father thinks the alliance is in place it means we have one less thing to worry about."

"So, you're using me... As a shield."

"I suppose you could put it that way, yes. Although, if he'll sell you to me, then I'm not sure he cares enough about your well-being for you to work as a shield. Maybe I should send you back after all -"

"My father does care about me! I'm his daughter!"

"Good. I'll keep you then. Mingi, show her to her room."

"What? Wait -"

As she went to follow San, the tallest man Garam had ever seen stepped in her way. He gestured in the opposite direction to where San was heading and seeing that the giant wasn't going to budge, she let him take her to her room.

She was surprised when they arrived by how beautiful it was. She was expecting a small room hidden away somewhere that had been left to crumble. However, what she got was a set of rooms that, while smaller than what she was used to, had a beautiful garden.

When she turned to Mingi, he was already walking away without a word. It was then that she realised how alone she was. She didn't have any of her staff or any of her things.

Didn't my father say they had packed for me?

As if on cue, the two warriors who had met her at the main gate appeared carrying bags she recognised as hers.

"Princess? We found these outside."

"Oh, thank you."

"Are you really a princess?"

"Yes..."

"That's so cool! I've never met a real princess before. I'm Wooyoung by the way and that's Yeosang."

Garam looked at the other warrior who nodded at her.

"I'm Garam."

"You were very impressive earlier. I didn't know princesses were taught how to fight."

"They're not, but I'm not like other princesses."

"That's good."

"Why?"

"A normal princess wouldn't be a good match for San."

Yeosang frowned at his fellow warrior's statement.

"Wooyoung."

With a sigh, Wooyoung linked arms with Yeosang and walked towards the door to Garam's rooms.

"Bye, Princess! Let me know if you need anything!"

Exhausted, Garam decided to settle into her room. For now, she needed to rest and everything else could be sorted out later.